Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Variations....again!

Hello all

Just some advice please. I have a parent coming to see me tmrw. She needs childcare asap for her two children 3yo and 7mth old. This will take me to 4 under 5's but only until May and only after 11.30 two days per week. There are no other childminders in my area, and the parent wants childcare now. Is this a situation the CSSIW would consider granting a variation to or am I wasting my (and this family's) time? As it would be 'new business' I'm wondering if they would think this was a valid application for a variation? I will ring my inspector in the morning anyway but just wondered if any others of you have had a similar situation?

Thank you xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In England it can take weeks to have variations authorised and they are very rarely given unless it is continuity of care - definitely not for taking on new children.

I would give your inspector a ring and ask about your circumstances but not get your or family's hopes up too high!

Good luck

aly Guest

I seriously doubt it either, its not continuity of care, its new business ....i needed one and i phoned cssiw but they said no.

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, thanks guys. Will give them a ring in a bit. x

aly Guest

any luck????

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Inspector out of office
    Have emailed and left message. Will let you know x

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been told it doesn't meet the criteria, therefore would be refused. But that I could appeal and may be successful. That process would probably take me up to May anyway, and I won't have a problem then, so I will leave it I think and see if the parent is happy to wait until then. x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

i`m confused as ive been granted variations twice before for new business and had no problems, Ive just received my variation which theyve accepted and i can have two under 1`s!!! yippee but it says that i can only have 2 in the early years and no more than 2 under 1`s.. does that mean i can have two over 1`s plus 2 under 1`s

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shazza06 View Post
    i`m confused as ive been granted variations twice before for new business and had no problems, Ive just received my variation which theyve accepted and i can have two under 1`s!!! yippee but it says that i can only have 2 in the early years and no more than 2 under 1`s.. does that mean i can have two over 1`s plus 2 under 1`s
    From your post it sounds like you may be in England. This thread relates to Wales.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shazza06 View Post
    As Manjay says this thread is in Wales.

But from what you have put you can only have 2 children in the early years and both of those can be under 1. So you can have 2 children from 0-5. But just get confirmation from OFSTED.