qualification and courses
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation qualification and courses

im from wales so ill be registered with the cssiw. but im confused.
    with the Introduction to Child Minding Practice, is it up to the cssiw to book you into the course? and how much is the fee? and how long you get to be regitered after completing the course?

sorry 2 many questions

June 12
    Non childminder member
    I AM a childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Same questions here! I contacted my local FIS today and they've given me a no of someone to speak to. I'm hoping she'll be able to answer my many questions when I call tomorrow! Hope you find your answers soon too- which part of Wales are you from?

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theresa88 View Post
    im from wales so ill be registered with the cssiw. but im confused.
    with the Introduction to Child Minding Practice, is it up to the cssiw to book you into the course? and how much is the fee? and how long you get to be regitered after completing the course?

sorry 2 many questions
    Hi The CSSIW run a breifing session to explain the process in your area. You have to book onto the course but they will give you the information on how and where. Cost depends on area some courses are partially or fully subsidised by the local authority others have cut it from their budget and you have to pay so will depend on where you live, again you will be told in the breifing session. After you complete the course you need to fill in your application forms and send them off - at this point CSSIW say that they "aim to register in 6 months from sending forms in" but this can vary.

Good luck

reg apr
    Non childminder member
    reg childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default briefing session

Hi i am also registering, i attend briefing course in Caernavon on the 13th sept and then they will book me onto a course oct 8th sat and 2 more consecutive saturdays sit an exam and if i pass then i can send all my paperwork to the CSSIW who will then check references and paperwork such as policies procedures and risk assessments and arrange a visit to view my home, i think thats right, i am already level 2 and 3 in childcare and early learning and i was a deputy manager of a nursery in Rhyl for 3 years but im still shaking like a leaf. debbie

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

im from caernarfon. i'vegained nvq level 2 in child care and health and safety certificate. im in the process of doing the policies and stuff, but i dont want to rush in to things as im a single mother of two.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theresa88 View Post
    im from caernarfon. i'vegained nvq level 2 in child care and health and safety certificate. im in the process of doing the policies and stuff, but i dont want to rush in to things as im a single mother of two.
    Hi Locals
    I've been registered since aug this year and live outside caernarfon