How do I go about becoming a support minder?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    aly Guest

Default How do I go about becoming a support minder?

Me and my cm friend thought about becoming a support minder as we dont get any help or guidance from our D.O.

I did see something on the ncma website but cant find it now

But we feel that there is not enough sipport out there for newly registered childminders, adn if it wasn;t for the sipport I got from this forum I would be out of my depth, and not a lot of people I know do not know about this forum so feel we could bring something to help those that need it.

I have not spkoen/seen our d.o for 2 years. My cm friend phoned her before xmas regarding a healthy eating course that they were providing, and she never got a call back .

So is there anything we can do and what is involved?

thanks

Pipsqueak Guest

Normally a support or buddy minder is something set up via the local authority - either NCMA supported or not - so its probably best to contact your EY team.

As to whats involved - again each area has specific things but its generally guiding them through the first year of registration - some newbies need more help than others. It can be rather frustratig but obviously you can lead a horse to water.......

oh and point them in this direction

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Thsi is something I am doing unofficially! I kind of fell into it - but I do enjoy it very much! I made contact with my local FIS and also Flying Start. They were happy to use me as a contact as we don't have a network, DW or any support whatsoever here.

Go for it - we definately need people who are willing to help and its very rewarding!