Another inspection ....already?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    aly Guest

Default Another inspection ....already?

In the post today I had 'annual data collection' and self assessment of service'. Which is to replace the SAF. This us because they are modernising their services but does that mean more inspections rather than the usual ones? I'm not due yet as I was reg'd in feb 09 then had my 1 last year in may so not due for another year- or so I thought? Is this due to the new standards for us?

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know that the new SAF is being sent out but I'm not sure if that is triggering inspections.

I'd give them a ring and ask!

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so - Mine was early - I had it yesterday! Went really well thank goodness. Aren't the forms horrible though!

It might be worth ringing the office to check whether you need one so soon.

apri 92
    Post Thanks / Like

Had my inspection this week. I usually get inspected in July, so it was just a bit early. but it went really well and the inspector has more time to see me interact with the children.

Did you get a letter with the forms giving you a time limit of 28 days to return them? If so, perhaps this means everyone will have to be re-done under the new regulations!!

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CC 4's & 5's
    Post Thanks / Like

As I understand it we will be expected to submit a SAF when they ask us to (probably annually) now all childminders will have a risk value the risk value is calculated from the information we provide in our self assessment and the information that we provided in our annual return. If the risk value is high this will generate an inspection also taking into account our current quality grades. It could be as much as a max of four years between inspections.

They are wanting to keep us on our toes so we have no idea of when they will be back and they could appear on our doorstep for a spot inspection at anytime.

Hope that helps
    Me x

apri 92
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah right, now I understand what she ment by it could be 3 years before I see her again.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Quavers View Post
    As I understand it we will be expected to submit a SAF when they ask us to (probably annually) now all childminders will have a risk value the risk value is calculated from the information we provide in our self assessment and the information that we provided in our annual return. If the risk value is high this will generate an inspection also taking into account our current quality grades. It could be as much as a max of four years between inspections.

They are wanting to keep us on our toes so we have no idea of when they will be back and they could appear on our doorstep for a spot inspection at anytime.

Hope that helps
    Aly & Marge are under CSSIW in Wales and they have just changed the New Minimum Standards and regs. And issued a new SAF form. It is slightly different for Scotland