Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default advice for a Welsh parent please

A Welsh friend of mine has asked for advice for her sister, who is still living in Wales (not sure which area).
    Could anyone give me info on any websites or phone numbers that a parent can find cm's on, the poor lady is a bit stressed as her mil who used to look after her children has recently passed away and she is a bit worried about finding childcare as she hasn't had to do it before and understandably is a bit worried about how the children will settle after all the upset so wants a home environment rather than nursery and school clubs.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but are there regional information services she could contact?
    Thanks in advance!

aly Guest

where abouts is she looking for the care?

there's not regional ones but more county ones here.....I come under caerphilly family information services.....whatever county she come sunder maybe she could google that with family information service?

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I come under Carmarthenshire Family information services. Or try childcare.co.uk. Good Luck, theres loads of us Welsh minders out there

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As the others have said she needs to contact the Family Information Service for her local council. She can either ring the council and they will transfer her or give her the corect number or do a web search puttin FIS & her county in. The local FIS offices hold all the info about the childminders in the county.

April06
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in wrexham and it's the wrexham family information services
    01978 292 094, or childcare.co.uk xx

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just the same as down here then!

Sorry, I did ask my friend if they have the information service like we have DISC but was told there's nothing like that
    Well I will point her in the right direction, thankyou everyone!