operational plan
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default operational plan

Hi all don't mean to act stupid but i'm based in wales under CSSIW and need to write the new standard 14 Organisation it talks about operational plan what exactly is this but also in this standard it looks like the majority of it is for nuseries or if you employ staff please help i'm so confused

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Still trying to get my head round it myself at the moment - I am due an inspection in the summer & it will be under the new NMS & regs. There is another thread here about operational plans, they are new to us all.

As you say most of the standard is for those who work as a group/with an assistant or in nurseries. I would follow the other threads ideas on an operational plan for 14.1 that suits the ideas you have as a setting.

14.2 - applies only if you have staff - so if you need to make a statement like I had to in my application under the old NMS just say I do not intend to employ staff at present
    14.3 does not apply to childminders
    14.4 does not apply to childminders working alone and rarely unless working in a larger setting
    14.5 does not apply to childminders working alone as you are the key worker
    14.6 is natural in childminding so just say how you will do it

Good luck

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    Hi

Still trying to get my head round it myself at the moment - I am due an inspection in the summer & it will be under the new NMS & regs. There is another thread here about operational plans, they are new to us all.

As you say most of the standard is for those who work as a group/with an assistant or in nurseries. I would follow the other threads ideas on an operational plan for 14.1 that suits the ideas you have as a setting.

14.2 - applies only if you have staff - so if you need to make a statement like I had to in my application under the old NMS just say I do not intend to employ staff at present
    14.3 does not apply to childminders
    14.4 does not apply to childminders working alone and rarely unless working in a larger setting
    14.5 does not apply to childminders working alone as you are the key worker
    14.6 is natural in childminding so just say how you will do it

Good luck
    Thanks tuilp
    just having problems getting the first sentence down how to start brain is completly dead as i'm pre reg my original 21 standards are ok said cssiw just need to add the 3 new ones nurture have done as well as notification of events just do not know what i should write about for organisation an ideas please can't beleive this last standard had got me completely stuck

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default operational plan

happpy camper this morning just spoke to a very very nice inspector at my cssiw she said all standard 14 is, is writing down what your plan for the week is with children and any relevent training you have done or will under take and to show that this information is visible for the parents to (she said a lot of this planning should also be in my play and learn policy)see worried over nothing, after reading what some childminders have to do in england, the only thing she also advised is to get a separate folder to insert all proof of courses also picture of outings etc also any nice letter we would get from parents into this and that can be my portfolio.

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Fatima
    I'm keeping an eye on this thread as I'm in the process of preparing my application for CSSIW in line with the new regs and application. What is a "plan and learn policy" - haven't got one of these! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default NMS regarding Operatioal Plan

Hi there. I know this post is pretty old but when i googled for help it came up straight away so im guessing you got through it ok.

With regards to operational plans, Im opening a day care nursery and as far as i understand, the operational plan required by CSSIW is as follows:
    • Details of the organisational structure.
    • Lines of management.
    • Details of the premises and facilities and how they are used.
    • Training plans.
    • Information about the development of the service.
    • Action plans

This is as stated in Standard 14.