how many???? Wales!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how many???? Wales!

hey im new to this so i dont even think im posting this in the right place.

i'm going through the process of registering but im a little confused!!!!
    my pre reg inspector told me i can have my little boy (7m) and 1 over 18 months up to 5 years, then 4 over 5 years. She did stumble telling me what ages i could have!!!!
    however, i thought i could have 3 children under 5 (including my son) and 3 children over 5!!!!
    I hope this makes sense!!!! and someone can tell me how many children and the ages I can have.
    im in carmarthenshire, south wales. xx

Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

As I understand it is 6 under 8, 3 of which can be in the EYFS which covers children up to the 31st August after their 5th birthday, of which 1 can be under 1 year.

In my case I have a 4yo and a 2yo so at the mo could have 1 preschooler in the eyfs and 3 after schoolers, or 4 after schoolers only.

Children in full time education even if under 5 do not count as in the eyfs for childminding purposes.

Confused? you will be!!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

jemma is in Wales so it is different to England and we don;t work under EYFS!

Hi Jemma

I am also in Carmarthenshire. Normal numbers are 6 children under 8 years, of which no more than 3 should be under 5 (unless in full-time education), and no more than 2 under 18 months. Your son will take one of your places so the maximum you can be registered for is 5 under 8, no more than 2 under 5 and no more than one under 18 months.

Do ring CSSIW just to confirm though.
    Last edited by tulip0803; 21-02-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Does sound a bit strange the numbers your inspector gave you

As Tulip says normal numbers would be another 5 children (+ your own which makes a total of 6). I don't know if she has put restrictions on you because of the age of your own child but I haven't heard of that before.

Definitely check it out with them

amanda x

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes they restrict because of size of house. I am only registered for up to 4 under 8's total.

Worth checking it out

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you for your replies. i will phone them to double check. i feel like i havent stopped pestering them and im not even registered yet lol!!!!!!

thanks again

aly Guest

and I can only have 3 under 8...2 under 5

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I know space can be a factor but they are actually saying that you can have 5 mindees under 8 which is the maximum! I wouldn't have thought the difference between the space allowances for under 2's and over 2's would mean that you could only have one full time mindee. That wouldn't be financially viable for most people.

Definitely check it out and don't worry about pestering them. You need to know the answer. For me if I had only been able to have one paying under 5 I wouldn't have gone ahead as it just wouldn't have given me enough of an income.

Let us know how you get on

July 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I live in Rhondda Cynon Taf & I'm registered for up to 6 children under 8 at any one time, of those 6 children 3 can be under 5 years of age (if in full time education they are classed as a 5 year old) then of these 3 under 5's no more than 2 can be under 18 months old.

I think it's all to do with the county's planning department so it's worth checking with your local office

Emma x

Emma xx