Help with an annual quality care report please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with an annual quality care report please

Hi, ive just had an inspection which was a complete disaster i hadnt been told by anyone (or at least i cant remember being told) that we had to do this and now ive got to do one asap. has anybody got any tips on how to do this. I have done questionnaires for the parents to evaluate me and my setting, was planning to do the same with the older children and use photographs (after a little guidance from my inspector) i have asked the ncma for help but so far got nothing from them. can anyone help please - id be very grateful

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help with an annual quality care report please

You sound so stressed

My quality of care document is a large notepad where I date and note anything I have improved in my setting.

E.G. we sectioned off the garden so that my dogs are now separate.
    I introduced newsletters every half term, I reviewed my risk assessments etc.
    Just make a note of what you did and comment on how it has improved your setting.
    I also note in there any courses I have done. Its just to show you are reflecting and improving all the time. There are lots of ways to do it - my inspector was happy with this.

Then I have a folder of cards, notes, filled in parent questionaires that I keep with the notebook to show what parents think of your service.

Hope this helps

Feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that Polly, I was just starting to get stressed over mine.

Millie - I'd be interested to know how you decide to do yours, any ideas would be reallyg ood for me right now!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi I had my insp in Sept & wrote a report about what the parent questionaires said and a couple of things I did & where I wanted to go in the next year. I also filled in the quality of care form that the CSSIW sent & mey insp said I didn't have to do both . She also told me that I didn't sell myself as I did not put all my courses and things that I had done on the report.

So basically what Polly said

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Like the others have said it is your chance to...

1. Sell yourself and how fab you are;

2. Say how you intend to improve so you can be even better!

So you talk about the things you do / resources etc and then go on to say that you intend to go on a course / read a book / find out more information etc to improve.

Come back to it regularly and update it with what you have done.

Hth

Post Thanks / Like

Here is mine for last year, my inspector was happy with it (CSSIW)

Hope it gives you some ideas of what they require.

Quality of Care Report

30th September 2008

Mari Lee Childminding

Questionnaires aimed at inviting feedback, both positive and negative, were sent to parents. All were returned and all were positive. No parents have any ideas or comments and all felt that they were happy with the service that I provide.

On reflection however, I feel that the playroom area is in much need of updating and after discussions with my husband we feel that we are in a position to make a complete conversion of the garage. This will take place in December and all parents will be updated.

Toys and books are in good repair, but I felt that there is such a wide variety of toys that the children are spoilt for choice. More storage is necessary and this will be taken into consideration when the renovations take place. I also feel that the children are unable to reach the toys and books that they need and have to rely on me to reach them. If the items were more accessible to the children then they would be able to choose their play activities easier rather than me choosing it for them.

My Cache Level 3 in Homebased childcare is going well and although I am taking on rather a large workload I have decided to do the NVQ level 4 in Children’s care, learning and development. It will not only help with the level of care that I can provide for the children and their families, but can help to improve my understanding of the childcare industry, enabling me to offer an all round better service altogether. I aim to complete the Level 4 by September 2009.

The completed garden is a big asset to my establishment and can help the children to develop their gross motor skills in a safe environment.
    Last edited by Mari; 01-12-2009 at 11:45 PM. Reason: layout

dec 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your help. I must appologise for not replying sooner but you all know how hectic the weeks up to christmas can be. this is the copy of what i have written for my annual report. i have also put in some copies of the childrens work and i have taken photos to show them doing various activities. i hope it'll all be ok. thanks again x

Annual Review of Service December 2009

I sent out parent questionnaires and the fedback recieved was very positive. No other comments were given to me on how i could improve my service. Older children were verbally asked if they enjoy coming to my setting and what they like and dislike about my service. They were all happy to be coming and none could really say that they would change anything I do. For the younger children I used the parents questionnaires to determine if the children were happy but over the coming weeks I plan to produce a little drawing book aimed for them to draw me what their opiniopns are.

My paperwork has become very disorganised and it has been noted by the cssiw inspector. I have therefore updated all my contracts with the parents. I have also printed out new diaries for the younger children to give to their families. I have new risk assessments in place as the old ones were deemed unnacceptable. I am in the process of updating my husbands and my crb check as it was out of date.

I am going to begin the process of registering my kitchen with the local food safety office and should hopefully be completed before the end of February.

I have a level 3 nvq in childrens care learning and development
    I will be updating my food safety certificate and paedeatric emergency first aid certificate over the next few months subject to training classes.

Over the coming weeks my husband and I plan to clean up and add the required safety measures to register my garden for the children to use during the fine weather.
    I would also like to get a lot more educational toys to enhance the childrens development to their maximun. This will be done according to the funds available over the next 4 - 6 months.