Registered with the CSSIW
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Registered with the CSSIW

I was just wondering if the CSSIW are ever relaxed about numbers in childcare? What I mean is, would they ever let you have 'over' your childminding numbers if it was only for a short period of time?

I have a under 5 starting in September Wed, Thurs and Friday and then another under five starting Oct Mon and Wed (the Weds will only be for a couple of weeks) But I also have another lady wanting Tues, Weds, Thurs, Friday.

Advice please?

Thanks All ! I hope this makes sense?

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Registered with the CSSIW

You won't be able to go over 6 under 8's in total and we have been advised not to even ask unless it is for continuity of care and not financial gain. I requested a variation recently to provide an extra days covers for one of my existing families and it was such a palava!! It worked out that I would only have 4 under 5's for a total of an hour but the process still took ages.

I suppose there is no harm in asking but in my experience I wouldn't hold out much hope

Of course different CSSIW offices may have different views

aly Guest

I have been granteda variation only because they made a mistake and it was teporarily until my son is full time. they dont let you go over...even if its just a lift home...You dont want to be seen as going over your numbers was what I was told last week as I aske about giving a lift to my sons friend.

Out of interest, where are you?

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just been granted a variation to have 4 under 5's because of a cross over time of about 3 hours.

Its continuity of care so not to take on another child it just so happens that one of my dads shifts has changed.

Like Manjay said though it really depends where you are.