Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Welsh childminders - SASS

Hi!

Logged on to the CSSIW website this evening and while I'm usually the one others come to for help, I was so confused by the wording of some of the questions on the SASS.

Has anyone successfully entered all their information yet? The term time only and holiday sessions are confusing me, that with the bit about further training etc.
    Just wondering how others have got on. I'm finding that I'm struggling to interpret their wording and finding that their help section isn't necessarily helping!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be signing up beginning of next week. I have a few local childminder waiting for me to help them with theirs as they are the are not very computer literate. I always have problems with CSSIW wording. Why they can't use simple language instead of complicated terms? It drives me crazy.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've done it - it really doesn't make sense so I have read the questions and put the first thing that comes into my head. - Pacey Cymru will support you to do it whether you are a Pacey member of not, they are paid by WAG x

What exactly is confusing you? I will try to help
    x

July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tulip. Have had a couple of chats with PACEY Cymru today and have got some clarity. They did say that they've been inundated with calls from baffled childminders.
    Still a little confused on when to submit it and that holiday waiting list question doesn't make much sense. I'm pretty much completely term time only now, 100% from September and I don't have and will not have a holiday waiting list. The question says we can't complete it until the 1st August but as a term time only childminder we have to enter the data by tomorrow (15th). I know the answer to the question (it's no) but can I answer it before the 1st?
    Tried submitting the SASS without answering it and you can't without doing so.

Any ideas? Cheers!

5. Likes tulip0803 liked this post
    Sep06
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad it's not just me then who is baffled!! Seems every Childminder in Wales is! Why do CSSIW have to do this to us?? Arrrgh! Especialy at this time of year. I started filling it out on Tuesday but i then had enough after a bit as it is confusing and worded wrong. Not looking forward to going back to it!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HTSMumma View Post
    Thanks Tulip. Have had a couple of chats with PACEY Cymru today and have got some clarity. They did say that they've been inundated with calls from baffled childminders.
    Still a little confused on when to submit it and that holiday waiting list question doesn't make much sense. I'm pretty much completely term time only now, 100% from September and I don't have and will not have a holiday waiting list. The question says we can't complete it until the 1st August but as a term time only childminder we have to enter the data by tomorrow (15th). I know the answer to the question (it's no) but can I answer it before the 1st?
    Tried submitting the SASS without answering it and you can't without doing so.

Any ideas? Cheers!
    Some of the childminders on a facebook group have submitted even if they are working holidays they said they know what is happening that week so have done it. My week this week has changed nearly every day, and a baby due to start September started yesterday after Mum rang Tues x

I think you can submit now if there is no need for holiday part to be filled in x