Health Declaration form
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Health Declaration form

My docs are being useless with getting my form sorted out and back to me, i'll be trying again tomorrow.
    But how would i go about doing a self statement?
    Its the only thing left holding me up, I finished the pre registration form in January and I'm sick of all the hoops that I have to jump through. I just want to submit now, it's been a long time of waiting, chasing, correcting, chasing, waiting...

If I do a self statement can I say I am still waiting for the doctor form to come back. I have no health issues, and I'm rarely ill.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it very much, Ofsted will want the health Dec from your G.P. Mine was completed the next day by my doctor. I would have been disappointed if she had took her time especially as it costs me $85. How much has yours cost?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda70 View Post
    I doubt it very much, Ofsted will want the health Dec from your G.P. Mine was completed the next day by my doctor. I would have been disappointed if she had took her time especially as it costs me $85. How much has yours cost?
    They won't give me a straight answer, I've taken it down twice and they keep losing it. I'll be going down tomorrow and taking it with me with me during my appointment.

But on the form it says you can give in a statement if you have problems getting one from your gp?

I'm so stressed out with it all at the moment, if the gp says it'll cost that much I'll probably cry lol.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrselnombre View Post
    They won't give me a straight answer, I've taken it down twice and they keep losing it. I'll be going down tomorrow and taking it with me with me during my appointment.

But on the form it says you can give in a statement if you have problems getting one from your gp?

I'm so stressed out with it all at the moment, if the gp says it'll cost that much I'll probably cry lol.
    I nearly did cry! Couldn't believe that they would charge so much for so little work

Post Thanks / Like

mine cost £87.50!
    ive heard of some GP's not charging anything!
    apparently its down to the GP'S discretion

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    mine cost £87.50!
    ive heard of some GP's not charging anything!
    apparently its down to the GP'S discretion
    Mine have already said there is a charge but not how much.

If it's too high it will delay me further.
    If that happens I will ring CSSIW to find out about this self statement that you can do. Its mentioned on the form so they must accept it.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know anything about the self statement option?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Took it back, was told 6 weeks to fill it in and still no price.
    Apparently they have never seen one before

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    prospective childmin
    Post Thanks / Like

HI, my GP took 10 weeks to do mine But it was free when I finally got it back. I rang every day and complained and in the end said I wanted an appointment and I'd wait while she filled it in. This wasn't needed in the end. I would advise you to nag them a lot. I submitted my application to OFSTED and then when I got the GP form (collected it myself) I sent it off via registered post.
    Good luck!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Brownsword View Post
    HI, my GP took 10 weeks to do mine But it was free when I finally got it back. I rang every day and complained and in the end said I wanted an appointment and I'd wait while she filled it in. This wasn't needed in the end. I would advise you to nag them a lot. I submitted my application to OFSTED and then when I got the GP form (collected it myself) I sent it off via registered post.
    Good luck!
    When do Ofsted ask for the health Dec form because I've applied to Ofsted but no mention about the health dec

July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Give the CSSIW (not ofsted folks!) a ring and explain your situation. Tell them how many times you've tried getting your form completed and how long you've had to wait. They will advise you on what to do next.

I live in Cardiff and just made an appointment at my surgery. While I was with the doctor I just whipped the form out and asked if she'd just sign it, which she did! She had a quick squizz at my medical notes and stamped and signed the form! Cost me nothing. Maybe you could try that with one of the doctors at your surgery???

CSSIW are really helpful. They'll sort you out! :-)

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    prospective childmin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda70 View Post
    When do Ofsted ask for the health Dec form because I've applied to Ofsted but no mention about the health dec
    They didn't ever ask for it. I printed it out myself. I did mine before I made the application but it still held my application up

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gill Brownsword View Post
    They didn't ever ask for it. I printed it out myself. I did mine before I made the application but it still held my application up
    I send Ofsted an email and got fed up of waiting for a reply so I sent mine off by post yesterday (without a reference number) and then had an email from them this morning saying to post it with the reference on so that they can link it up with my application which I didn't, so this morning I have scanned the copy I made and emailed the scan to them. There is always something, I feel like its never going to end!!