Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    nov 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Development outcomes

Hello,

I'm in wales so underCSSIW. Had my first inspection this week it all went well no major problems just a few good practice recommendations.

One recommendation was more planning and looking at developmental outcomes. all children I have are under 3. So what do you all use for developmental outcomes and how much planning do you do? As we don't have the eyfs is birth to three matters still relevant for us?

Thanks
    Dent

July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also in Wales and would be very interested to hear other Welsh childminder's opinions on this for under three's.

Good question, and I'm hoping childminders in Wales will answer this question as cssiw is very different to Ofsted!

nov 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Any welsh childminders got opinion/suggestion??????

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like they're all watching the kick-ball match.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    Thank you blue bear I havie been searching for the link for the past 15 mins

In the absence of anything else I have used this but it starts at 18-24 months.

In my NVQ CCLD L3 & HCE L4 we used Birth to 3 matters in the absence of anything else, however both tutors took great pains to state that this is an English document and not relevant in Wales.

The Welsh 0-7 framework is under development.
    Last edited by tulip0803; 16-11-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE="tulip0803;1383878"] ...we used Birth to 3 matters in the absence of anything else, however both tutors took great pains to state that this is an English document and not relevant in Wales. /QUOTE]

Why? Do welsh children not matter between birth and 3?

(Sorry, bad taste in humour Sunday. I'm afraid I'd have asked the question: If it wasn't relevant why use it?!)

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Kiddleywinks;1383879]
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    ...we used Birth to 3 matters in the absence of anything else, however both tutors took great pains to state that this is an English document and not relevant in Wales. /QUOTE]

Why? Do welsh children not matter between birth and 3?

(Sorry, bad taste in humour Sunday. I'm afraid I'd have asked the question: If it wasn't relevant why use it?!)
    Because the Welsh Assembly had no Welsh documents for 0-3 years to use. No idea why they left 0-3 out.

At present the Foundation Phase is 3-7 years (start of free nursery hours to end of infants as that is formal education). Changes are coming the whole of the sector that cares for children 0-7 (including schools) will be inspected under the new framework by an early years inspectorate - so infants will be inspected differently than juniors with different inspectors and different inspectorate bodies IYSWIM!

9. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you try a text book that's not linked to any countries curriculum to make your observations of developments I like using Mary Sheridan birth to five I think it's called. It shows children's development broken down but is in no way linked to any curriculum

nov 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, even my inspector didn't really know what to suggest even tho she was the one telling me I needed to track development against something, she told me ask pacey.

Tulip do you know if there is a timescale for a new framework coming in?

nov 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks blue bear I will have a look at that book and see if that will help me

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dent View Post
    Tulip do you know if there is a timescale for a new framework coming in?
    Don't know how long just that it will be coming

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Historically (and very much still is) child development in Wales has been monitored by Health Professionals and our focus has very much been on care. Although a new framework was due to be released I am guessing that WG will try to consolidate all information from the recent childcare review and the ongoing education consultation before deciding how to move forward. Don't get too hung up on the document mentioned above as that was only used by schools for one year before it was deemed unworkable. It was never rolled out to non-maintained settings. I would challenge any inspector who questions what I do until we are provided with a uniform document across the sector. Until that time for those of us who do want to track developmental milestones there is little option but to borrow documents from elsewhere. I am relatively lucky as I provide funded care for 2/3 & 4 year olds so I have documents produced by our local authority but again they only really start from age 2. I take bits from the EYFS and elsewhere across the world for the younger children. Not forgetting to add in Welsh Language Development as you wont find that elsewhere

I do basic planning which is informed by my observations of the children and their individual next steps.