Can Oh care for my own children?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    nov 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can Oh care for my own children?

Hello,

So I am registered for three children due to LA wanting planning permission for any more. I have 2 children on my own 16 months and 6 years. I currently mind 2 children 1 and 2 years old brother and sister, I have them every Wednesdays and alternating Thursdays and Saturdays.

I have had a new enquiry 7 month oldfor 3 day plus 2 Saturdays a month starting August. So am wondering if I spoke to Cssiw and said my other half would be caring for my own children on the Saturdays would I be able to have all 3 at the same time. I would be within my total of 3 but it's just the ages as my own little one takes up an under 5 space iykwim. Otherwise it means working 6 days a week every week!

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that you will find that no matter what, your own remain in your total. But it may be looked at differently by Cssiw. Sorry not much help really am I! xxx

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You could ask CSSIW to ask for a variation to allow you to have 4 under 5 including your own - ask if it is possible particularly if Saturday care is difficult to come by in your area, although they seem to only like continuity of care variations. There are only 2 minders in this area that work Saturday

CSSIW have a variation team in each area that looks at variations - apparently they will not look at variations until 3 weeks before they are needed and then they are really slow with decisions!!!!!! Not good when you and the parent needs a decision! Maybe they will let you register DH as your assistant for Saturdays to allow the variation? You should have a named inspector (although you may not know their name) ring the central number, ask for your CSSIW area and ask to speak to your inspector, although they no longer deal with variations they may be able to give you advice and possibly a good word to the variation team. If they say to try you will need to fill in a variation form, ensure you have the correct equipment, I included risk assessments and a daily routine to show I could meet all needs to my continuity of care inspection a couple of years ago.

Normally your own children are within your numbers whether they are with you or not and whether your partner is home or not.

nov 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies, I met with mum and baby today she was adorable. Mum said she has been unable to find any other child care on a Saturday apart from a local nursery that charges a fortune! And apparently are staring overnight care as well! Never heard of this before.

Sorry going off the point a little, so Cssiw have finally appointed a new inspector for my area and told me to email her before filling in any forms. So fingers crossed!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good luck