Cssiw inspecton due. Few questions for all childminders in Wales
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cssiw inspecton due. Few questions for all childminders in Wales

Had a missed call of inspector on wed (my last working day that week due to holidays) didn't answer when I called back so thinking she will prob be here next week. She has emailed previously to check which days I work..
    Is there a checklist I can look through? Looked on google and come up with nothing.

Standards all up to date
    Questionnaires from parents done
    Register done
    Accounts not yet!
    Risk assessments updated
    DBS, gas check, car insurance, mot and all training certificates in folder..
    Anything else that I'm missing?

Oh and do we have to display certificate in Wales? I never have and not been questioned but heard off one childminder that she does.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

I had my inspection in Jan, it was a focussed inspection looking at Quality of Life. Didn't know that was what it was until they arrived (2 inspectors as one was being trained).

They asked for a copy of my last quality of care report and the parent/child questionnaires
    They checked my register and the ages and days that children are contracted for (I have 2x4 year olds in full time school and one not in school so wanted to check I was in numbers),
    They asked to see a sample of contracts, paperwork etc for children in that day,
    We discussed DBS checks as my family are all due for renewal and I had just had the forms through from the CSSIW office.
    They checked dates of my first aid, child protection and food hygiene
    They checked to see what CPD/courses I have done since my last inspection.
    They asked for my car insurance.
    They asked me about planned activities because the children were "having a party" dressed up when they arrived
    They checked the bathroom while I was washing the children's hands
    They looked at a daily diary for a child that was there.
    They asked lots of questions

I have both my registration certificates displayed in the hall not sure if it is a requirement - my PLI is in the folder with my DBS, certificates etc.

They have never asked for my accounts although I know that they can if they want to - they asked a new minder here if she had started doing them yet. I have previously been asked for my boiler safety certificate and MOT though

mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. That is detailed and will keep me going for the rest of the night :-) I think I'm better displaying the certificate, best be on the safe side.