Cssiw inspection?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cssiw inspection?

Posted this somewhere else by accident. I have had a email from my inspector asking me what time I work and ages of children, so she can update records... Will this be inspection? I haven't had paperwork or parental questionnaires sent out.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is likely that they are preparing to inspect you. Last April they sent out SAF forms to everyone. This year they are sending them out to those due inspection there was something that Manjay put about the data forms being done in the Autumn for those who were due inspection between then and end of that year cycle. So at the moment I think they are still working off the SAF last year.#

I had my inspection in January and didn't get parental forms sent out before, they looked at my own QOC parental questionnaires and QOC report. A childminder that was inspected 20 months ago didn't get the parental forms either. They have changed it a bit and are still changing to get something that works.

mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for reply. I get so stressed out with inspection. I don't think I have loads to catch up on. Thanks for mentioning questionnaires as I haven't sent them out for about a year.
    Another question if u don't mind. Would inspector prefer to come when I have under two 5s in day or when I have the 5 older ones 5-8 yrs after school?

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chels55 View Post
    Thank you for reply. I get so stressed out with inspection. I don't think I have loads to catch up on. Thanks for mentioning questionnaires as I haven't sent them out for about a year.
    Another question if u don't mind. Would inspector prefer to come when I have under two 5s in day or when I have the 5 older ones 5-8 yrs after school?
    Don't think it matters in Wales not like England where they are looking for EYFS. I have had an inspector turn up when I should have had afterschool children before (we were out) but all of my inspections have been with the LOs. I stress too but at least the inspectors all seem to be nice - I had 2 in Jan (one was being trained) both were nice, they came to me after they had been to a local meithrin so they came about 1120 and stayed for about an hour and a half, watched me do lunch etc