Will my inspection be this week?!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Will my inspection be this week?!

I just had a call from my inspector at the CSSIW. She introduced herself and asked if I've started minding. I said that I started in September. She asked me how many children I care for and I said 8. She said that I must be pretty full then and I said that I have children every day except during school hours on a Wednesday. She said thank you and then said good bye!

Waddayathink?! Inspection imminent?!?

Sooooo scared! Any tips/advice?! Buy ya a pony!

:-S

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would say yes - could be any day from now.

Good luck. They are really nice do not panic just make sure that you have your paperwork to hand, car insurance etc and try to relax

Ps I don't want the pony

July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    I would say yes - could be any day from now.

Good luck. They are really nice do not panic just make sure that you have your paperwork to hand, car insurance etc and try to relax

Ps I don't want the pony
    Thank you! I'm trying not to panic but it's really, super hard! I've already managed to upset the husband as I shouted at him to, and I quote "DO SOMETHING" when he was sitting in the living room watching cartoons!

I suppose I should print off my car insurance then.... It's only a PDF on the Aviva site!

I honestly thought they'd call me the night before and say they're coming (that's what they did with my minding friend).
    I know this is probably really obvious, but in terms of paperwork, I've always been a little confused as to what they're after. I think it's from reading this forum so often and reading about OFSTED and not CSSIW. I'm not entirely sure what we do/don't need to do over what English childminders do.

Sorry, more questions.... If you don't want a pony, what about a million billion pounds?!?

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had my 3rd inspection in January. I had a call from inspector asking if I was willing to have 2 inspectors come out as they were training a new one. Was told that the inspection would be shortly - they arrived the next day!

They looked at a sample of paperwork for the children that were there (contract, child information, permissions etc - I have all this in a poly pocket for each child), she asked to see my car insurance, she looked at a daily diary, She asked what training I had done since I was last inspected and asked to see first aid certificate, She looked at my register, she asked how many children, ages and days I cared for (discussion about 4 year olds that are in full-time school being in 5-8 age and another 4 year old I have not in school being under 5 age group), Asked to see my quality assurance review/parent/child questionnaires ( as you have not been going a year they may ask your intentions). Observed me and the children. Checked the bathroom while I washed the children's hands before lunch. Watched me do lunch as it was lunch time. All OK

July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    I had my 3rd inspection in January. I had a call from inspector asking if I was willing to have 2 inspectors come out as they were training a new one. Was told that the inspection would be shortly - they arrived the next day!

They looked at a sample of paperwork for the children that were there (contract, child information, permissions etc - I have all this in a poly pocket for each child), she asked to see my car insurance, she looked at a daily diary, She asked what training I had done since I was last inspected and asked to see first aid certificate, She looked at my register, she asked how many children, ages and days I cared for (discussion about 4 year olds that are in full-time school being in 5-8 age and another 4 year old I have not in school being under 5 age group), Asked to see my quality assurance review/parent/child questionnaires ( as you have not been going a year they may ask your intentions). Observed me and the children. Checked the bathroom while I washed the children's hands before lunch. Watched me do lunch as it was lunch time. All OK
    Thanks again Tulip. I've printed off my car insurance and have started researching like crazy on how to develop a quality assurance review ()

Here's hoping I manage to convince them that I'm a good childminder!

A million billion (monopoly) pounds heading your way!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HTSMumma View Post
    Thanks again Tulip. I've printed off my car insurance and have started researching like crazy on how to develop a quality assurance review ()

Here's hoping I manage to convince them that I'm a good childminder!

A million billion (monopoly) pounds heading your way!
    Sorry should have been quality of care report - DH was shouting that the sausages were ready and dd1 was snatching thr laptop!!!!

Your report is just what you have done over the last year, how great you are, what your parents think about your service(from questionnaires) and what you plan to do over the next year