Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you

Registered Childminder since
    July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello all.
    I'm a little confused. I was registered in July and started childminding beginning of September. If I was to be inspected within six months of registering, I should have been inspected by end of January. If the six months rang from when I started, I should have been inspected by beginning of March.
    No inspection, no word from cssiw and no request for data.
    Does anyone have any idea what's going on for new settings? Have any new settings been inspected yet? And, new settings that have been inspected, were you asked for your SEF?

Yours forever confused!
    :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HTSMumma View Post
    Hello all.
    I'm a little confused. I was registered in July and started childminding beginning of September. If I was to be inspected within six months of registering, I should have been inspected by end of January. If the six months rang from when I started, I should have been inspected by beginning of March.
    No inspection, no word from cssiw and no request for data.
    Does anyone have any idea what's going on for new settings? Have any new settings been inspected yet? And, new settings that have been inspected, were you asked for your SEF?

Yours forever confused!
    I am the same as you. Registered and started minding in November and thought latest to be inspected would be May. I thought I may have heard something from CSSIW by now . My main worry is if they just turn up I wont be here as I dont work everyday.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not a new setting but my routine 2 year inspection was due at the beginning of October last year - they arrived end of January. Think they may be running a bit late - there have been lots of changes for Cssiw over the last year or two

July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    Not a new setting but my routine 2 year inspection was due at the beginning of October last year - they arrived end of January. Think they may be running a bit late - there have been lots of changes for Cssiw over the last year or two
    Thanks Tulip.

Did they send you out requests for your SASS and SDF beforehand though? Just wondering whether they'll do that or just surprise me with a visit!

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

The new minder in our village was inspected without any prior warning a few months ago (No SASS completed). It was around the six month mark but not exactly. However the inspector for our area knows our village fairly well and she chose a time after school when she was almost certain the minder would be in. If you have an inspector who has to travel a long distance they may well call in advance. I am due my own inspection within the next few months and have been prepared for them to drop in any time. they will have to take their chances if they dont send me another SASS as my last one was filled out 12 months ago and my availability has changed since then. However I think that is usually the case as I often decide to go out for the day on a whim so they would be lucky to catch me in. I don't think anyone can give exact answers as unfortunately it still varies from area to area despite them having new procedures in place to ensure consistency

Good luck everyone

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HTSMumma View Post
    Thanks Tulip.

Did they send you out requests for your SASS and SDF beforehand though? Just wondering whether they'll do that or just surprise me with a visit!

My Sass report had been done in April last year when they sent them to all care providers as a new thing. In April last year I was working Fri-Mon when I was inspected I was working Mon-sat and they arrived on a Wednesday so not a day that I was working when I sent my SASS back.

My previous 2 inspections were surprises - 1st one I was in town 14 miles away when she rang me (I came straight back), the second was a day that I was not due to have children but had a phone call from a Mum with a migraine to ask if I could have LO so I was just cleaning my house before collecting when the inspector appeared, she came to collect with me. She also said she had turned up previously and I wasn't in.

This time I had a call which just said "your inspection is due soon" would you mind if 2 inspectors come as we have a trainee. No day/time given. They appeared the next day. If I had said no to 2 inspectors I think I would have waited longer and had no other contact until they appeared.

Another childminder has had a call during group and gone straight home.