1st inspection
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 1st inspection

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st inspection

I registered in November so will be due my 1st inspection with CSSIW by May. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is unanounced or if they ring 1st? I don't have children everyday you see. Any info is much appreciated.

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

CSSIW do unannounced inspections. We used to be given 3 months and we would be inspected at some point during those three months. This year they tried unannounced within the year but they found that days and hours changed too much over the year so they are going back to the within 3 months. SO from April they will be sending out Self Assessment of service forms again prior to inspection which always used to include what days/times we worked giving 3 month notice I understand.

Has it changed in Wales because my first inspection in 2009 was nearly a year from registration? I know England is 6 months from registration.

I changed from working part-time to working fulltime so I wrote to them to let them know what times I was working. Previously on an earlier an inspector tried a day that I had been working but was no longer doing so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    Has it changed in Wales because my first inspection in 2009 was nearly a year from registration? I know England is 6 months from registration.
    Well this is what I was told in my pre-reg inspection so have just been waiting. I know another girl who registered at the same time and she has been the same.

Thanks for your reply though. I just didnt want to waste their time if they came out and I didnt have children that day.

Registered Childminder since
    nov 13
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad you asked this i was just going to post the same thing, I was also registered in Nov so have been panicking about when i will be inspected. i thought it was within 6 months of being registered. I only have 1 little one, one day a week and that's only till the end of the month. Also i'm moving at the beginning of may.

I wasn't sure if the turned up any time or if we got a SAF first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dent View Post
    So glad you asked this i was just going to post the same thing, I was also registered in Nov so have been panicking about when i will be inspected. i thought it was within 6 months of being registered. I only have 1 little one, one day a week and that's only till the end of the month. Also i'm moving at the beginning of may.

I wasn't sure if the turned up any time or if we got a SAF first.
    Hi Dent,

Well im still not sure what is happening? Guess they wouldnt come all the way out without knowing what days we have children. As would just waste their time. Hopefully hear something soon

Post Thanks / Like

A little update - I had a call from my inspector Thursday to find out my hours of work. She said it will be unannounced visit but at least I know I she will be due. I am off for two weeks now so guessing it will be after the holidays.