cssiw wales question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cssiw wales question

Hi all do we have to have a notice board put up?

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ja-lula-belli View Post
    Hi all do we have to have a notice board put up?

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding
    You have to display your registration certificates and soon your environmental health grade. Your PLI should be available for parents to see. My certificates are in frames on the wall of the hall and my PLI is in a display book along with my certificates.

I am getting a notice board (or two) to display work and other things as I am fed up with blue tack!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post

You have to display your registration certificates and soon your environmental health grade. Your PLI should be available for parents to see. My certificates are in frames on the wall of the hall and my PLI is in a display book along with my certificates.

I am getting a notice board (or two) to display work and other things as I am fed up with blue tack!
    Same here I have all that on display. What's the environment health grade?

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ja-lula-belli View Post
    Same here I have all that on display. What's the environment health grade?

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding
    Your food hygiene rating I meant!

Post Thanks / Like

Your food hygiene rating I meant!
    Oh right.

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My brain works in strange ways sometimes

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

From November when the new regulations were introduced childminders are now exempt from being given a rating. You may still get a visit from environmental health depending on your local council but we will no longer be rated.

8. Likes tulip0803 liked this post
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    From November when the new regulations were introduced childminders are now exempt from being given a rating. You may still get a visit from environmental health depending on your local council but we will no longer be rated.
    One day I will be able to keep up with all these changes! I just think I have got it and then that goal post shifts - think it's all the rain it's made the ground soggy.

Post Thanks / Like

That's helpful as I haven't had an inspection. I'm all registered as food business or whatever had the notification but they haven't asked to visit me. Do you think I won't get an inspection then? I hate inspections I get so nervous!lol

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Post Thanks / Like

One day I will be able to keep up with all these changes! I just think I have got it and then that goal post shifts - think it's all the rain it's made the ground soggy.
    I know things change so much and there ate so many things you need to do and remember.
    Ahhhhhhhhhh! Lol x

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I know the feeling tulip! Sooo many changes and just as I get my head around them - they change again!! :/

July 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I was inspected by Environmental Health today. No rating but he will still send me a report with his 'findings'.
    I have a white board, registration certificate on display, as well as my PPI certificate.

:-)

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

As is usually the case it often depends on your local authority as to whether they deem childminders enough of a risk to need inspecting. It also can depend on what food and snacks you provide. I provide all meals and snacks so in our LA I have to have a full inspection but friends who only offer snacks have a much quicker one. they will let you know if you are compliant and if they have any recommendations.

As part of a national healthy pre school scheme I am part of I had a full infection control inspection from Environmental Health yesterday and the food inspection was a walk in the park compared to that. They even had to check I had toilet paper in my bathroom! Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

As is usually the case it often depends on your local authority as to whether they deem childminders enough of a risk to need inspecting. It also can depend on what food and snacks you provide. I provide all meals and snacks so in our LA I have to have a full inspection but friends who only offer snacks have a much quicker one. they will let you know if you are compliant and if they have any recommendations.

As part of a national healthy pre school scheme I am part of I had a full infection control inspection from Environmental Health yesterday and the food inspection was a walk in the park compared to that. They even had to check I had toilet paper in my bathroom! Lol!
    Wow. Lol

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Did you buy some specially? Did you fold the end into a point?

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you buy some specially? Did you fold the end into a point?
    I should have got some printed with my logo!

18. Likes tulip0803 liked this post
    Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

When EH came to see me (can't remember date but within last 6 months) I was told we're not allowed to have the health grade thing, so I don't see how it can be a requirement.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tracycoops View Post
    When EH came to see me (can't remember date but within last 6 months) I was told we're not allowed to have the health grade thing, so I don't see how it can be a requirement.
    Yes childminders have been excluded from the "scores on the doors" scheme by WAG. We had previously been told that we would not be exempt.