Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Dbs form help.

Registered Childminder since
    mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dbs form help.

Just started to fill in my DBS form that's been sent from CSSIW, at the end if the form it says to hand it back to your employer or the person who gave you the form and something about not being able to do the form for yourself. When I was on the phone to the CSSIW the lady told me that I had to take it to post office to get it checked and sent off. Has anyone had to do one recently? My local CSSIW office is about 80 miles away.

jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

I phoned CSSIW last week about my certificate which is due for renewal. Was also told to take my form to the post office for them to check and verify it

Post Thanks / Like

I did mine about 6 months ago but I didn't need to take mine to the post office. I am sure I sent it to cssiw and they sorted it all out for me.
    It's funny because through my whole process I was doing it with a friend that was on the course with else and comparing and we were told different things many times.
    It seems that it all depends on the individual inspectors requirements. This shouldn't be the case really it should be standard procedure.

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Since DBS took over from CRB CSSIW want the photo IDs confirmed. Previously I used to take mine, my husband's and son's to the office and do them all together now we have to do our own only. I live close to a CSSIW office so can do this but since they have closed down many offices people can be miles away 80 miles in the case of Chels.

I am glad they can do it this way as DS is at uni in Hertfordshire and will not be back at Easter so will need to do his by the post Office