sef form - WALES
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    JUNE 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sef form - WALES

hello can i download the sef form and update it as i am going along i have been keeping a record writing up courses attended risk assessments etc where can i get the form from looked on cssiw site but not seeing it

thank you

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

I don't think you can. There have been 2-3 different SAF forms in the last few years so the likelihood is that they will change it again before April! The CSSIW e-mailed me this years in March. They will e-mail again before the census date as there is not a copy on-line it is probably likely to change form the one this year. I got the forms 24th march and had until end of May to send back so there was plenty of time to fill in.

At the moment the form isn't like OFSTED's SEF form where they can update it on-line.

Glitter Guest

Could you copy and paste the section headings in to a Word document and use it to write your SEF. Then you could update it when ever you want and just copy and paste it all onto the online form when you want to submit it.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter View Post
    Could you copy and paste the section headings in to a Word document and use it to write your SEF. Then you could update it when ever you want and just copy and paste it all onto the online form when you want to submit it.
    In Wales we don't know what the headings will be as they change the form quite often - I got caught like that when I first registered and they changed the forms completely

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

The forms are being revamped for next time. They received lots of negative feedback and only a small proportion of settings completed the data collection correctly so they are having to rethink the process.

I use a small notebook in my setting to make notes on what I want to include in my next self evaluation. Remember CSSIW are now heavily focussed on the outcome for the service user so they don't just want to know what you have done but the impact it has had. I make notes about training I have attended and the way I have implemented any new knowledge. I note any changes to my practice and whether it was a success or not. If I pick up a tip form on here or by networking I might implement a change and I would then note that. I am sure you get the idea

Post Thanks / Like

When do you need to fill out a sef? How soon after you start minding? Is it advisable to start one straight away and keep track of it?
    Where will I find one?

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ja-lula-belli View Post
    When do you need to fill out a sef? How soon after you start minding? Is it advisable to start one straight away and keep track of it?
    Where will I find one?

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding
    The SAF is sent out as part of the CSSIW April Census it will be sent out about March time. We do not know what the SAF will include it is being re-written as it was so complicated and badly worded last year a lot of people complained. The SAF will be a form that you use to tell CSSIW about your childminding service and how you do things.
    Last edited by tulip0803; 11-01-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

CSSIW have recently advised that the SAS (Self Assessment of Service) forms will no longer be sent out in March/April as they were last year. They have listened to feedback and it is going to revert to the previous way of working where your forms are sent out just before your inspection is due.

PACEY Cymru offer webinars to members and non members on guidance for filling in your SAS.