dbs check (crb)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: dbs check (crb)

Post Thanks / Like

Default dbs check (crb)

How often do you need to do your center check? I obviously have one but was wondering do timers to update it at any point?

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes in Wales - maybe Welsh members will confirm but I think it's every 3 years - does your certificate have an expiry date? !

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Yes in Wales - maybe Welsh members will confirm but I think it's every 3 years - does your certificate have an expiry date? !
    Yes as Sarah says it is every three years. You need to contact CSSIW before the third anniversary of the date on the certificate to get the form/ arrange an appointment. All adult members in your house also need to renew theirs every three years.

4. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great thanks. I was just thinking about it today and nobody had informed me about renewal. So I now know. Thank you ladies x x

Ja-Lula-Bell*****minding

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Changes are on the way

This was published on PACEY Cymru's facebook page at the end of October.

'Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) update.
    Faced with reducing budgets and competing priorities, Ministers have had to take difficult decisions as it is not possible to continue to fund all areas of activity that are currently being supported.
    Ministers have taken the decision to cease Welsh Government funding from 2014-15 in respect of free of charge Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS
    ) checks for those working in regulated day care settings. However, Welsh Government support for such checks will continue during the current financial year.
    Those working within the sector will not need to have a check undertaken every time they move to a new setting and should be encouraged to register with the DBS Update Service, which costs £13 per year, to maintain their check.
    '

I guess we will receive more information as the practicalities are worked out.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    Changes are on the way

This was published on PACEY Cymru's facebook page at the end of October.

'Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) update.
    Faced with reducing budgets and competing priorities, Ministers have had to take difficult decisions as it is not possible to continue to fund all areas of activity that are currently being supported.
    Ministers have taken the decision to cease Welsh Government funding from 2014-15 in respect of free of charge Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS
    ) checks for those working in regulated day care settings. However, Welsh Government support for such checks will continue during the current financial year.
    Those working within the sector will not need to have a check undertaken every time they move to a new setting and should be encouraged to register with the DBS Update Service, which costs £13 per year, to maintain their check.
    '

I guess we will receive more information as the practicalities are worked out.
    Why on earth didn't they include that on their newsletter that I got last week? I'm not on facebook!

Mines due Feb!!! DH & DS May