Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default first inspection since registering

Morning all!
    Had a phone call yesterday of my inspector to say she is coming this morning! all the other minders I know had a week or twos notice, what happens on the first inspection? bit nervous as I've had no contact/help/support/info at all from cssiw this first year. Also when she phoned she asked if I was minding today which at the time I was mum phoned at tea time last night to say the children were ill and not coming so no munchkins here for her to see me with, have tried getting in touch with inspector this morning but no joy, its a good hour and a half mabe 2 hours drive for her and dont want her to be annoyed at coming all this way if she can't do her inspection! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what do I do??????

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry probably too late to help now but you will be fine. Inspections should be completely unannounced but I think due to the distance some inspectors have to travel they do sometimes contact you beforehand. There is not much you can do if your mindees are ill apart from try to contact the inspector which you have done

Let us know how you get on x