Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When the inspector comes

Hiya everyone
    I'm in Wales and I'm expecting the call from Cssiw anytime now and wonted to make sure I am really prepared and ready so was wondering what paper work will they ask to see like a booklet for parents about my service .
    I have cupboard locks
    Socket covers and fire blanket
    Fire extinguisher
    First aid box
    Baby gates
    Have I missed anything else please I just won't to make sure it goes well as I am so nervous about this .

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your inspector will have seen your application and all your P&Ps and any other info that you sent in. She may ask you questions or ask you to change some wording.

She will want to inspect your whole house - even areas that you will not use for minding to ensure the house is safe if someone goes where they shouldn't.

She will ask general questions like Why do you want to be a childminder? What would you do if...?

If you are planning on using the car she will want to check your liscence, insurance etc.

If you have any questions she will answer them.

If you need to do anything before registration she will issue you conditions which will need to be done by a certain date I had to fit the fireguard (was in a box for inspection) and change the wording on a policy.

They are friendly and it is like a chat.

Good luck - I am always nervous when the inspector is due even though I know they aren't scary!!

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Wales too and registered last year. Firstly take a deep breath and calm down. You don't have to have everything safety locked inspectors do like to see the children will b safe how ever they also like them to learn about danger and risks. My inspector told me I didn't need my stair gate in the kitchen door nor locks on cupboards only the one under sink as that's where I kept the cleaning products. She sat and chatted about how you plan to do certain things, provide meals, outings and such like. She looked around my house and looked at the toys on offer. She offered lots of advice and was there to help. I'm sure you'll b fine.

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Im in London but it should be the same. She went through all my policies so read over what you have written. She asked me about safeguarding children and what you would do if the child is not collected etc.
    If you have a garden they will look for no gaps in the fencing and locked doors so no escaping children, and drain covers.

nov 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm in Wales as well. I haven't given my application in yet just waiting on my medical form. do we have ro have a fire blanket in place I thought I was told that it was part of the toolkit you get from pacey out of the grant once your registered?

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dent View Post
    Hi I'm in Wales as well. I haven't given my application in yet just waiting on my medical form. do we have ro have a fire blanket in place I thought I was told that it was part of the toolkit you get from pacey out of the grant once your registered?
    The inspector will know this so will just give an action to be done. You just have to write to confirm that you have received and fitted it before your certificate is issued. You will have to tell them that you have your PLI anyway. Mine came together.

nov 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks, I hadn't just imagined it then lol.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dent View Post
    Ok thanks, I hadn't just imagined it then lol.
    Just put a note in your application that your Fire blanket is being supplied as part of the grant and will be fitted when received and before childminding starts.

Good luck

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi and thanks for your advice everyone x
    taking deep breaths at the mo lol I think my partner getting nervous about the inspection is rubbing off on me even more than I would be I think x

nov 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks tulip

Good luck rachelmama, please come and tell us all about it. I know I'm going to be really nervous when it's my time

11. Likes rachelmama liked this post
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi thanks everyone I will let you all know how it goes x

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Hay Hun. When is your inspection now? Xx

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Hun nice to here from you how's it all going good I hope x well I'm still waiting for the call what delayed it was waiting on references from employers but sorted now so just waiting xx

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rachelmama View Post
    Hi Hun nice to here from you how's it all going good I hope x well I'm still waiting for the call what delayed it was waiting on references from employers but sorted now so just waiting xx
    Sorry iv only just seen this. Have u sorted it now? Ring them, that's what I did, and she made an appointment there & then! Xx

16. Likes rachelmama liked this post