new childminder needs help on observations
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default new childminder needs help on observations

Hi all, me again I need some help with observations please. What obs or assessments should I do 1st (i have a few in mind i just want to know if im heading in the right direction) and where is the best place to find info on developmental stages at different ages? I want to make sure all my paperwork is in order ready for my 1st inspection as im panicking about it already lol. Ive started learning journals with the 2 children I look after already (both aged 2). Ive had replies from english minders but I know things are different there! Thanks in advance xx

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

The EYFS guidance will have the info on developmental stages at different ages. Good luck.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You have posted in the Welsh area of the forum - can I just check whether you are from Wales please - because things are different there to England

May 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Yes im in West Wales. I know we do things differently to England and aren't as strict with learning journals etc just not sure where to start? I've been registered 3 weeks now and have given my 2 mindees time to settle so need to crack on with things x