How long after first home visit....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How long after first home visit....

did it take them to contact you and say 'your fully registered and ready to start minding' ?

I seen a post on here before but can't find it now, but some one said on there they had a phone call the same day, others said the next day....

Iv got mine on the 25th, I did ask her but she said she can't give me a time scale.

Iv got 2 people waiting for me to start and one wanting me to have their baby from 1st July.

Tia
    Leah xx

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by ofsted that the company who do your pre reg visit have 4 weeks to do 3 things
    1 contact you to arrange your visit
    2 visit you
    3 send report to ofsted
    How long it takes ofsted once they have the report to actually register you I'm not sure
    Ring them and ask
    Mandy xx

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry realised your in Wales some may be slightly different
    Mandy xx

Sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, it was so long ago I can't remember. I do remember that I had a child waiting & pointed this out to CSSIW when they visited. If I remember rightly it didn't take as long as I was expecting but can't remember for the life of me how I found out I could start. Not much use I know!

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonsocks View Post
    Sorry, it was so long ago I can't remember. I do remember that I had a child waiting & pointed this out to CSSIW when they visited. If I remember rightly it didn't take as long as I was expecting but can't remember for the life of me how I found out I could start. Not much use I know!
    Thank you for your reply. I hope it doesn't take to long.
    Iv read on a post, somewhere on here, that someone had a phone call the next day giving then their number and saying they could start. But I cannot find te post.
    When I took all my forums to cssiw they told me that it would take no longer than 14 weeks from then until I would be registered, and it's 14 weeks that week! So fingers crossed. Plus like I said I have people waiting for me to start. Xx

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was told 2 weeks and had to ring them but they found some more information that they needed me to provide before the inspectors supervisor would sign it off. Things have changed since then though but there was another post on here recently where someone was waiting a month for it to be signed off by the supervisor as the inspector was on holiday. http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...les-cssiw.html

Keep ringing them an pestering if they don't call back quickly

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    I was told 2 weeks and had to ring them but they found some more information that they needed me to provide before the inspectors supervisor would sign it off. Things have changed since then though but there was another post on here recently where someone was waiting a month for it to be signed off by the supervisor as the inspector was on holiday. http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...les-cssiw.html

Keep ringing them an pestering if they don't call back quickly
    Oh no! I notice in the post that some one only waited a few days, I guess it's whoever your inspector is. She seemed lovely on the phone so I'm going to explain to her when she comes that I have parents waiting on me, and I obv don't want to loose them.
    Thanks for posting xx

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I registered last year I got inspected on the Friday had a few little problems with a few policy's which I corrected and emailed new copies to inspector the same day. Within a week I received a letter to say I could start minding

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I registered last year I got inspected on the Friday had a few little problems with a few policy's which I corrected and emailed new copies to inspector the same day. Within a week I received a letter to say I could start minding
    Aw I knew someone had done it quick, it was you who posted on my ther one saying it didnt take long. Hopfully it won't take long for me. She already emailed me last week with what I needed to change on my policies and I emailed them back to we Friday. I havnt heard back from her so hopfully they are okay now. Xx

10. Likes Cottonsocks liked this post
    Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Impress on your inspector when she visits that you have families waiting. The new CSSIW registration teams across the country are under enormous pressure at the moment but they will do their best to help. My neighbour had her pre reg and explained how urgent it was and she had her confirmation within 7 days.

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    Impress on your inspector when she visits that you have families waiting. The new CSSIW registration teams across the country are under enormous pressure at the moment but they will do their best to help. My neighbour had her pre reg and explained how urgent it was and she had her confirmation within 7 days.
    Oh fingers crossed. I'm regularly emailing her to ask if everything is okay with my updated policies that she asked me to amend last week. But still yet to hear from her. Iv told her I have parents waiting but I will make sure I keep telling her on the day, hopfully shel get fed up of me and just do it as soon as possible lol. Thanks all for your replys it's helped xx

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I also had parents waiting one was about to go back after maternity leave the 2 I've had have been lovely and really understanding with things thankfully

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I also had parents waiting one was about to go back after maternity leave the 2 I've had have been lovely and really understanding with things thankfully
    Yeah that's what my one parent is doing, she goes back 1st July and as I was told I would be registered by then i told her it shouldn't be a problem. The other two are waiting on me to start. But hopfully if I'm not registered by then she can find some alternative care just until I am. Xx

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

hi
    i was wondering have you had the call yet for the inspecter to come x I have got my crb back and they are just waiting for references x but i am soooo nervous i will go blank when they come and im nervous what will they ask me do you know what they usually ask you when they visit x

good luck hope you are up and running soon x

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rachelmama View Post
    hi
    i was wondering have you had the call yet for the inspecter to come x I have got my crb back and they are just waiting for references x but i am soooo nervous i will go blank when they come and im nervous what will they ask me do you know what they usually ask you when they visit x

good luck hope you are up and running soon x
    Hello. I rung a few weeks back and they said they had recived everything they need and was waiting for me to get allocated to a inspector.
    So I left it 2 weeks then rung back and actually got to speak to who, she then made an appointment to come see me then. So if I was you keep ringing. I wish I'd rung sooner to get an earlier appointment with her. I wonder how long I would i been waiting if I didn't ring her....
    Hopfully won't be to long for you Hun xx

17. Likes rachelmama, serin liked this post
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

hi
    how did the visit go I hope it went well xx

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rachelmama View Post
    hi
    how did the visit go I hope it went well xx
    It's the 25th Hun. If she came now I'd never pass, lol the work men have just finished today doing the rendering and re plastering the concervitory/playroom, so my house is a mess at the mo. lol xx

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Langaleah View Post
    It's the 25th Hun. If she came now I'd never pass, lol the work men have just finished today doing the rendering and re plastering the concervitory/playroom, so my house is a mess at the mo. lol xx
    Good luck with the cleaning. I recently had my bathroom fully done top to bottom. Its good you are getting it all done before the kids begin because it was hard work for me having to clean all that dust every day. Plus I had potential parents visiting

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by serin View Post

Good luck with the cleaning. I recently had my bathroom fully done top to bottom. Its good you are getting it all done before the kids begin because it was hard work for me having to clean all that dust every day. Plus I had potential parents visiting
    All done my house looks its self again lol. That's why we have rushed to have it all done now before I start. Just waiting for the wall to dry before we can can paint and it's done. Wooh! Lol xx

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Today's the day!!! Ill let you all know how it went when she's gone. Thanks again for all your help xx

23. Likes Cottonsocks liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast