URGENT !Do I need to complete the SAF if Im on maternity leave? Please advise. Thanks
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default URGENT !Do I need to complete the SAF if Im on maternity leave? Please advise. Thanks

Hi All

Im currently on maternity leave, started leave in April and wont be returning to work until next year 2014.

Do I need to complete the SAF? And if I do do I need to complete it thoroughly or can I just reply with the fact Im on maternity leave.

Many thanks for any help.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

SAF? Do you mean Self Evaluation Form? or something else?

If you mean 'SEF' then it is for your own record and development that you do it, it is what we should all be doing all the time whether written down or not. For example, if you have ideas when off on maternity leave about things you can improve or change or want to reflect on what you think you are doing well or not then you can still note them as it is all self evaluation. Or ideas of new training to do next year. You can use the Ofsted SEF or your own form or own notebook etc.

If you are talking about SEF for an impending Ofsted visit then I doubt they would visit if you are on maternity leave- speak to them about that.
    Ofsted are not interested in Ofsted SEF forms submitted at times other than before an inspection, I believe (unless anyone knows different?).

If you are taking a total break for maternity leave then I also think it is equally valid to have a total break from self evaluation too, but plan time to take a fresh look at it when you return to work.

Sorry, if I have misunderstood 'SAF'!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tippy Toes is in Wales and we have the SAF.

I think you need to ring CSSIW and ask as it is supposed to be completed by all settings before the end of this month.