WAITING TO HEAR BACK AFTER INSPECTION - Wales & CSSIW
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    JUNE 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WAITING TO HEAR BACK AFTER INSPECTION - Wales & CSSIW

HAD MY INSPECTION A MONTH AGO WITH CSSIW, WAS WONDERING HOW LONG OTHERS HAVE HAD TO WAIT TO HEAR BACK FROM THEM AND IS IT NORMAL TO WAIT THIS LONG. I HAVE BEEN RINGING AND THEY SAY I AM IN PROCESS, I HAD 2 MUMS WAITING FOR ME TO REGISTER BUT ONE AS HAD TO GO ELSEWHERE JUST WORRYING THAT THE OTHER MUM WILL HAVE TO GO. THANK YOU SAM X

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

CSSIW are really busy at the minute but they should be able to tell you where your application is. Ask to speak to your named inspector (the one who did your pre-reg) and explain that you have parents waiting. Make sure you ask to speak to the inspector or their support officer, I have found that you get more sense talking to them than the person that answers the phone who does not know about your application.

They can be very slow. When I reg in 2008 they did the inspection and said it would be a month but ended up being nearer two as they found another piece of information that they needed from me as I had been a registered childminder in England and decided they wanted my last inspection report but hadn't actually passed the info on to me.

You will probably be waiting for the manager or panel to sign off your application. Normally they are helpful when you ring but they have the first national annual provider census being returned at the moment so are probably snowed under with all the forms coming back from all childcare settings coming in at once. However they should still be able to tell you what is happening.

3. Likes samijored liked this post
    JUNE 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, i was a bit in panic mode when one of the mums told me they had to go to someone else, i have been a nag and rang nearly every week this month but my inspector is on annual leave atm so i might have to wait until she comes back and ring again. When i have rung cssiw they have always been very helpful and understanding with me though

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is unacceptable. Why should you have to wait because your inspector is on annual leave? Especially if it means you are losing potential business!!! I would be cross. A minder in my village had her pre-reg inspection last Tuesday and her registration was complete by the Monday after.

I would ring again and stress you are losing business. Easy for me to say I know as I have the benefit of a good few years of dealing with them but I would give this advice to any new minder.

Good luck

6. Likes rachelmama liked this post
    JUNE 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SPOKE TO MY INSPECTOR

SPOKE TO MY INSPECTOR TODAY AND SHE IS HOPING TO REGISTER ME BY THE END OF NEXT WEEK SHE IS COMING BACK OUT FOR ME TO SIGN FORMS SO HOPEFULLY I WILL BE UP AND RUNNING AS SOON AS WOOOO WOOOO X