Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: CSSIW e-mail

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CSSIW e-mail

Anyone else had the e-mail today about a census on April 30th? Seems that we are going to be having completely unannounced inspections in the near future. I am stressed enough when I know that they will be coming sometime in the next few weeks let alone anytime. It will be just my luck to be having a bad day when i get the knock on the door.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't received this e mail Maybe Manjay knows something about it??

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the email last week I've only just filled the paper work in once as I had my inspection beginning if feb not looking foreword to doing it all again plus I'm on holiday the week of the 30th too.

sept 94
    Post Thanks / Like

we have not received this email either

cathy

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

To receive the email you have to have registered to receive them from CSSIW. Here is the email which gives a link to the press release on the website.

CSSIW have made changes to the date service data and self assessment of service information must be completed . All providers of care services must complete service data and self assessment of service information on Tuesday 30 April 2013. For further information, please visit our website

I have been informed that CSSIW will be asking all settings to complete the SAS now on this date and inspections will be unannounced. It is all part of their modernisation programme and they do acknowledge that some things may have changed from what you write on your SAS depending on how far into the year it is. The data collection part has been set at a specific date so they can get accurate numbers of settings and spaces.

Note is says they are 'moving towards' unannounced inspections so it may well take some time to get it to work effectively

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have just looked at the info on the website and you have 28 days from the 30th to send forms in and if your setting is closed on the 30th you should work from the 1st working day after the 30th.

The scary bit is it says failure to do so may result in a fine and conviction!

It is not just for childminders though it is for all CSSIW registered settings - nurseries, after school clubs, meithrins, care homes etc. Although we are priviledged and have our own personal forms just for childminders

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    To receive the email you have to have registered to receive them from CSSIW. Here is the email which gives a link to the press release on the website.

CSSIW have made changes to the date service data and self assessment of service information must be completed . All providers of care services must complete service data and self assessment of service information on Tuesday 30 April 2013. For further information, please visit our website

I have been informed that CSSIW will be asking all settings to complete the SAS now on this date and inspections will be unannounced. It is all part of their modernisation programme and they do acknowledge that some things may have changed from what you write on your SAS depending on how far into the year it is. The data collection part has been set at a specific date so they can get accurate numbers of settings and spaces.

Note is says they are 'moving towards' unannounced inspections so it may well take some time to get it to work effectively
    Thanks for this - I will investigate the website!

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to tell you but........................... The Inspector turned up unnnanounced at my house last week! I was out at the time, but she told DH she would be back. So its already started here.