Unsure of my numbers!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Unsure of my numbers!

Hi I have just become a newly registered child minder and i am slightly confused of what numbers and ages of children I can have. I currently have an 18 month old and a newborn baby which are my own children. Am i able to have 2 children under the age of 18 months and another under between 18 months and 5? I am asking this because I have had an enquiry about whether I would be able to look after a 5 month old baby. If not am I only permitted to look after another child over 18 months plus three over 5's? Not sure whether this is my pre pregnancy brain still not working!!!!!!!! Thanks xx

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Providing your certificate is for full ratio allowance. normal Welsh ratios are:

6 children under 8 years of which no more than 3 may be under 5 and of those 3 no more than 2 may be under 18 months.

So you have one child of 18m & one newborn which have to come out of the numbers first do you should be able to have 4 minded children under 8 years of which no more than one can be under 5 years. You would be able to look after a 5m old as long as your eldest child has reached 18m.

Looks like you should be fine with your enquiry good luck