CSSIW -  Annual Quality of Care Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CSSIW - Annual Quality of Care Report

Can any one offer any help as to what they include in their Q of C Report Pleeeeeeze

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm going to pop your thread in the Welsh section of the forum where some of our Welsh members will hopefully see it!

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Is this your first one? I struggled too as I really didn't know what I was supposed to include. I sent a questionnaire to parents about my service and basically wrote a report describing the quality of the service I provide and incorporating parent feedback. My inspector was happy with it but I'm sure I could improve it next time as I felt it was a stab in the dark really.

Someone more experienced will be along to give you better advice soon, I'm sure!

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I did my first back in November first I sent out parents questionnaires and reported the feedback from there. Then I put a bit about what training I'd done in the last 12 months and courses I wanted to do then about any changes to my service what I could improve and such like. Mine was about 2 a4 pages the inspector was fine with it

apr1998
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Qof

I just make a report of any changes that i have done in the year , what i propose to change or not . About anything that went well or not , how it can be improved , questionnaires for parents and evaluate their feed back . Staff changes , any courses . Hope that is of help .

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

The legal requirements are here and as you can see they are not prescriptive so you can pretty much set it out however you want providing the criteria is met.

I tend to put mine under the same headings as the current Self Assessment of Service forms as whatever I write is transferred directly to that document. So for example my latest one is split into; Quality of life (with the main emphasis on this one), Staffing, Leadership and management and Quality of the environment. As Ivy says include what you do well (not always easy), what you intend to do to improve (how, when, why).

Mine is always quite long but I do have verbal diarrhoea plus I have done quite a few so I have become much better at selling myself over the years

June 12
    Non childminder member
    I AM a childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

The NMS says that we have to make a copy of the report available when requested. I have a copy to give each of my parents anyway but do I need to send a copy to CSSIW too, or only if they ask for it?

Thanks

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I e-mailed mine last year as some of the childminders in the group had been told by CSSIW to e-mail them in. However my inspector asked to see it last week on my inspection so she obviously didn't have it. I have it in my portfolio. Ring your inspector to confirm.