Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I have finally taken all my forms to cssiw today

Hiya everyone
    I have finally taken all my forms to cssiw today, last time I tried ha ha I didnt have everything with me not on purpose I just didnt know.
    I just hope now that I have sent everything in correctly but I worried about the visit that everything needs to be in place any tips please

And how long after forms go in do you get a visit is it arranged or unexpected

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done!!! It took about 4 months for them to come out to me after my application went in. Your pre-reg inspection is arranged. Basically make sure your house is safe, stair gates/fire guard/cupboard catches etc. they will ask you a few questions to assess your knowledge and suitability. Really not as bad as I had expected it to be though. Good luck!!!!

3. Likes rachelmama liked this post
    Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done, bet you're glad to get them in and be on your way to registration.

I think my premises visit took place 5 months after submitting application, butthat's beacuse they'd forgotten about me Hopefully you'll hear something soon but f not don't be afraid to chase it up! It will be an arranged visit and they just go through some of your polices, ask a few questions and check your house.

Good luck

5. Likes rachelmama liked this post
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

hiya and thankyou for your replys
    but can you please tell me what type of questions are you asked I am so nervous and I fel I have loads to do to get ready.
    Its taken a long time for me to pluck up the courage t0 do this because I wonted to do childminding when my daughter was 2 and i was going to give up my nights job, but i got cold feet and once she started fulltime school I did some tempery work in a school with a agency for a school year my baby is 10 weeks old and I decided this time i was gonna be brave lol and sort out the forms and take them in .
    Last edited by rachelmama; 01-03-2013 at 05:49 PM.

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done hun. I'v got an appointment wednesday to take mine over! Fingers crossed I have everything!
    My tutor told me to ring them up like evey other week to see how they are getting on with your forms. She said this will show them your eager aswell.
    I'm so nervous about why they are going to ask me! I'm afraid ill go blank or ill waffle on about something else haha.
    Xx

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

hi I have had to take them over again because when i did before they said things was missing but im hoping they will be fine now fingers crossed. hows your reg going have you heard anything yet ?
    They told me that it will take 14 weeks to go through.
    I wish you luck

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh really. What was you missing? Iv had my crb forms back (they came quite quick, and I heard from them 2 weeks ago to chase up my 2nd reference, that turba out got lost in the post or misplaced, so I got that re sent... Just waiting on them know to do the house check, I assume that's all that's needed to be done now.
    Hopefully it won't take to long for you xx

Quote Originally Posted by rachelmama View Post
    hi I have had to take them over again because when i did before they said things was missing but im hoping they will be fine now fingers crossed. hows your reg going have you heard anything yet ?
    They told me that it will take 14 weeks to go through.
    I wish you luck

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

they needed a copy of birth certificate and a copy of my driving licience . I havent had a call to say anything else is missing so hopfully they will go through now

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooo fingers crossed for you Hun xx

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you