Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: new menu

Registered Childminder since
    apr1998
    Post Thanks / Like

Default new menu

So glad i have joined the forum , from reading past letters have come up with loads of new ideas to do with the children.
    I am know looking to change my menu's , i always tend to cook for dinner the old classics but i am looking for new quick , modern, easy and of course cheap recipes even recipes that children can help prepare the food . Look forward to seeing some exciting ideas.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Sarah.....I need to have a rethink on my meals I think. I want to provide fresh home cooked meals but mindful of the time spent in the kitchen. Batch cooking and freezing may be a good idea and preparing as much as possible with no mindees present

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I cook an evening meal and have found the time constraint when getting back from the school run makes it difficult. I now batch cook lasagne, shepherd pies, spaghetti Bol sauce with the mince cooked in , cheese and onion pies, curries and casseroles, etc it makes like so much easier. We have one easy meal per week which is a chips meal which is on a Friday, do fish fingers, Swedish meat balls, sausages with chunky oven chips or wedges and veggies or pizza which they make themselves, or chicken wraps. I totally had to redivide my menu at fit in easy evening meals that were still thought out and nutritious which I could get to the table in a short period of time. A slow cooker is fabulous investment as I can prep everything in the morning and in the evening we have a meal all ready with little fuss

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharonmanc View Post
    I cook an evening meal and have found the time constraint when getting back from the school run makes it difficult. I now batch cook lasagne, shepherd pies, spaghetti Bol sauce with the mince cooked in , cheese and onion pies, curries and casseroles, etc it makes like so much easier. We have one easy meal per week which is a chips meal which is on a Friday, do fish fingers, Swedish meat balls, sausages with chunky oven chips or wedges and veggies or pizza which they make themselves, or chicken wraps. I totally had to redivide my menu at fit in easy evening meals that were still thought out and nutritious which I could get to the table in a short period of time. A slow cooker is fabulous investment as I can prep everything in the morning and in the evening we have a meal all ready with little fuss
    Thanks or that, all good advice

apr1998
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    So glad i have joined the forum , from reading past letters have come up with loads of new ideas to do with the children.
    I am know looking to change my menu's , i always tend to cook for dinner the old classics but i am looking for new quick , modern, easy and of course cheap recipes even recipes that children can help prepare the food . Look forward to seeing some exciting ideas.
    many thanks all , thanks Sarah brilliant site .