help with statment of purpose
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help with statment of purpose

i wrote my statement of purpose, but am jus reading back over it realising i missed loads of info out. The notes I had from my tutor was to include all info stated in NMS2 which I'm jus doing. My tutor also said I could give my statement of purpose as a leaflet with CSSIW application anyone else do this??? it seems too much info to put into a leaflet tho.

also....

is the operational plan and statement of purpose supposed to be very similar. I wrote my operational plan yet seems to cover everything i wrote in my statement of purpose. If anyone else can shed any light on this matter i would be greatful as sitting and pulling my hair out isn't working lol

thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Standard 1.2 states that the information listed should be included in your Statement of Purpose or in additional information that you give to parents. So it doesn't all need to be in your SOP. I have a SOP which is a kind of introduction to my setting and includes some of the info required. All the other info is in my policies and procedures which I give to parents when contracts are signed.

This is the legislation which states what legally should be in your SOP. I have a leaflet in addition to my SOP which I can give out to interested parents.

My operational plan contains all info as required in Standard 14.1 and is much more detailed than my SOP. However CSSIW usually only expect this to become more detailed the longer you have been registered.

Don't stress about it and definitely no more hair pulling out. It is so not a good look. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

3. Likes kelz_wilko liked this post