Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Application driving me nuts :/

Hi there,

I could really do with some advice. I'm currently filling out my application form, I have flown through it, doing all my policies and procedures as I go. But the Operational Plan.... I haven't a clue where to start??

I really want to get this done ASAP as I have been approached by a friend of a friend to mind her children once I'm registered!!
    How long did it take for you was application form was completed??

Thank you in advance, any advice would be gratefully received

Kirsty x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you tried Googling for more information? Try 'operational plan childminder wales' in the search box and a few examples come up

3. Likes stargazer1 liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default operational plan ideas

i know what you mean with the application process its taking its toll on me too. i was told the application will take up to 4 months to process once it has been handed in. with regards to the operational plan i am the same as you and not knowing what to write but i searched online and came up with the understanding that it can then be used as your portfolio to show parents, its basically an overview of the service you provide, i included my aims, goals, training i had (including certificates), what happens at meal times and copy of a sample menu (if providing food), what happens during the settling in stage, activities on offer and planning, opening hours, fees, and terms and conditions.

hope that helps a little

take care

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kelz_wilko View Post
    i know what you mean with the application process its taking its toll on me too. i was told the application will take up to 4 months to process once it has been handed in. with regards to the operational plan i am the same as you and not knowing what to write but i searched online and came up with the understanding that it can then be used as your portfolio to show parents, its basically an overview of the service you provide, i included my aims, goals, training i had (including certificates), what happens at meal times and copy of a sample menu (if providing food), what happens during the settling in stage, activities on offer and planning, opening hours, fees, and terms and conditions.

hope that helps a little

take care
    Thankyou for your response, this sounds much the same as my statement of purpose :/ got a meeting with my local childcare development officer in January hopefully she can shed some light!

Good Luck with your application x

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you posted this, I didn't know what to do either. I am also trying to get it done as fast as I can before I have to return to work (currently on maturnity leave) xx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Langaleah sounds like we are in the same position.... I'm due back from my maternity leave in March!! Feel like there is no hope of me being registered by then, what a nightmare! xx

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kirsty86 View Post
    Langaleah sounds like we are in the same position.... I'm due back from my maternity leave in March!! Feel like there is no hope of me being registered by then, what a nightmare! xx
    That's when I'm due back aswell. My maturnity allowance runs out end of feb
    my tutor messaged me today and said I should get my certificate within 4-6weeks, and then I'v got to wait for cssiw to sort though my paper work, do visits ect... But my tutor did tell me that once they have my application to ring them once a fortnight to check how far they are and to show I'm willing, she said they may try and get me done first then.
    I can't beleve how much is on the application form tho. It's basically everything from the assgaients I'v done. I donno if you did the assignments or the exam, I did mine online xx

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

hi was just wondering have you sent your forms in yet , I put mine in last week to cssiw I just hope its all ok I put them in a couple of monthes ago and needed to add some extra stuff to the forms good luck

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your application

July13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rachelmama View Post
    hi was just wondering have you sent your forms in yet , I put mine in last week to cssiw I just hope its all ok I put them in a couple of monthes ago and needed to add some extra stuff to the forms good luck
    I ony recived my certificate today (after being told it would be here no later than the end of jan!) so I'm just getting very thin together to take to cssiw. What did they get you to re do/ add? I'v just got my risk assessment to do, I thought I'd done one when I did my assignments but can't find it. Xx