Working with Gensis Project
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Working with Gensis Project

Just looking for a bit of advice. I have had an enquiry from a lady in college who is getting money for her placement from Gensis project. Does anyone know how this will work?
    Thanks

Mel

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked after a lo several years ago whose mum was getting childcare paid for while she was studing at college - it was a different company to the one you mentioned but I expect the same principle, I just filled in forms and they paid me each week (or month I can't remember) direct into my bank account. I still did a contract with the mum and made sure she understood that if she didn't attend college enough to get the funding that she would have to pay for minding to me in full.

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure, but I guess you would be paid by the college. It might be best to contact the Family Information service to find out how it would work. xxx

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done work for Genesis in the past. It is a Wales only project with the aim of helping young families back into work. The contract is with the parent but as I use NCMA contracts I complete the 3rd party details in the relevant space. I always invoice Genesis direct in much the same way I do with my Flying Start placements. All I would say is that as the money comes from Local Authority it is usually paid in arrears.

Make sure you have some kind of agreement in place with the Genesis co-ordinator.

sep2001
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CSSIW
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have had funding from Gensis before for a mum going to college. After mum approached me, I contacted Gensis to make sure all was above board.

They send out paper work in the begining for you to fill in with regards to fees etc.

They then ask you to invoice them every 4 weeks in arrears with a register of attendence which they provide, then it can take up to another month for you to get your money paid into the bank. You will get your fees off them but I found I could not wait that long to receive payments as this was my main family at the time and found it really hard waiting.

I did find them however very helpful with all my questions.