Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Moving House

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moving House

Hi,

I've been a registered childminder in Denbighshire since Jan 2011 but me and my family have decided that we want to move house to Flinthshire. I want to continue childminding when we move, i know that the new house will need inspecting but i was just wondering if anyone knows if i will have to re register as a new childminder because i would be moving counties?

Thanks for any help
    Cherina

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you would have to re-register a quick call to ofsted will clear it up good luck with the move
    Cath

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

One of our local minders has moved recently across the border of 2 counties (3/4 mile from old house) CSSIW inspected her at the new house but she was due her inspection anyway. Speak to your inspector and check what you need to do. You won't need to re-register completely as it is still the same regulatory body. However if you moved from Wales to England you would have to re-register from the start with OFSTED.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there,

You won't need to re-register as you are remaining in Wales. I am in Flintshire too You may even keep the same Inspector as they are all now based in Llandudno. You do obviously need to advise CSSIW of the new address and send in a completed risk assessment for the new property. They will then decide whether they need to visit or not.

Good luck