Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: <3 April <3

Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default <3 April <3

Need to peel myself away from Sky1 news. Every spare second I am getting I am flicking it on for updates, woke about 15 times last night (so it seemed!) and came down to check the news. Really hope it has a happy outcome

Pipsqueak Guest

just watched her mum give a press interview...

you can feel the womans pain and distress....

as a mummy I cannot imagine what is going on in her head and heart.

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Its just awful isn't it. I have a little girl aged 5 and we live in a small Welsh town, about the same size as Machynllech. The public seem to have been equally as supportive and scathing of her parents and their decision to let her play outside at 7pm, and although it is something I would NEVER do, in rural Wales we are lucky to have very, very low crime rates. I know it is no excuse to take your eye off the ball so to speak, but I think that a lot of people are still fairly naive about the horrible things that threaten us and our children nowadays. Simply because they have never happened here. Its a shame that our children can no longer play in the streets in the evenings as we used to when we were kids. Her parents have learned such a painful lesson. I really hope it has a good outcome, but every hour that ticks by it looks less likely xxx

jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My heart goes out to the family and I pray she will be found and soon
    x helen

Post Thanks / Like

Still no news then??? Not looking good is it If the poor guy they have got knows where she is why doesn't he put her poor parents out of their misery Absolute

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been the same, keep checking the news. Its so awful and easy to judge the parents but they obviously felt she was safe and now they are paying for that in the worst way. I have to say that when the police told the public to step down and let them continue the search it made me think that they know they are looking for a body and don't want anyone accidently disturbing evidence. I hope they find her safe.

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    5/3/13
    Post Thanks / Like

the parents descsion will haunt them for the rest of there lives..My heart goes out to them...

I hope she is found safe and well...Sounds like the police have some background on the guy arrested to me

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chimps Childminding View Post
    If the poor guy they have got knows where she is why doesn't he put her poor parents out of their misery Absolute
    poor guy????

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i watched the news this mornign and they were discussing the playing out at that time. The community is very close and crime rates low and the community encourage parents to allow and encourage children to play out - in groups- to enjoy their childhoods. so it wasn't the same as just taking your eye off the ball - more going back to trusting groups of children will be safe together. We are all encouraged now to allow children to go back to risky play and playing out - then something like this happens and changes your mind again

Mind you one thing at 7pm in the summer and another when it's dark at 7pm.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got