Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Inspection tips

Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspection tips

Hi

I have my first pre registration inspection next week and am wondering what I should expect? I am quite anxious to get registered as soon as I can so was hoping I could get most things in place before my inspection but not knowing what I need to do is really difficult.

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

The inspector will be looking to see if the premisis is ready for children. She will already have looked at your application and all the relevent paperwork you have provided. The purpose of the inspection is for her to ask you questions on anything that might not have been covered in your application and she will give you recoomendations if needed, then whn you have completeed any recommendations and provided evidence, possibly written or photographic, she will register you.

It is not that scary, honest.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm newly registered back in March mine went through really quick from pre reg inspection till i was able to start running was exactly 1 week. Have you had your public liability insurance certificate through yet if not apply for it asap as that can hold you up other than that its straight forward. My inspector was lovely she went through my application form and paper work. I had to change 2 policies which i was then able to email to her to speed things up. She had a little look round my house to check it was safe and looked at my boiler service certificate. Think that was about it really. It was very informal and she was very helpful. Hope that helps a little bit. Good Luck