Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quality assurance / review of quality of care report

Hi all

I've just returned from holiday to find my self assessment pack on the doorstep

Have had a glance though and am wondering if I should have completed a quality of care report? If so, should I have received a form from somewhere or is this something I do myself? I vaguely remember a quality assurance workshop being mentioned by my NCMA development worker before I was registered but had forgotten about it, and never heard anything further about it

Does anyone know who provides this workshop??

Thanks
    Ruth x

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I cant help, but ring your development worker they should be able to help.
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

My understand is that the Quality of Care report relates to NMS [April 2012] 18.2 which makes particular reference to the Child Minding and Day Care (Wales) Regulations 2010, Regulation 16 - Review of quality of care).

Review of quality of care
    16.—(1) The registered person must make suitable arrangements to establish and maintain a
    system for monitoring, reviewing and improving the quality of care given to children.
    (2) The system established under paragraph (1) must make provision for—
    (a) the quality of care to be reviewed at least annually; and
    (b) the registered person to obtain the views of—
    (i) relevant children;
    (ii) the parents of relevant children;
    (iii) a local authority arranging for child minding or day care for a relevant child; and
    (iv) persons employed to look after relevant children,
    on the quality of care provided, as part of any review undertaken.
    (3) Following a review of the quality of care, the registered person must within 28 days prepare
    a report of that review
    and make a copy of that report available in an appropriate format when
    requested by .....

I have interpreted this by preparing a Quality of Care Report which comprises a summary of the responses received from the parent and child questionnaires I distributed, together with my own self-assessment my setting from when I started to date (i.e. the first year) loosely based on the NMS headings.

I'm due for my 1st inspection soon and am fairly new to this SAF so hoping I've pointed you in the right direction

Sorry this hasn't directly answered your question about workshops as we have no DW so muddle along with the invaluable help of this forum !

Good luck!
    Last edited by someonethomas; 22-06-2012 at 06:32 PM.