Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Display ideas

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Display ideas

Do you have ideas for displays? I am planning to buy a big notice board for displays and am looking for ideas for this. Interesting to look at for children but also reasonably neat and pretty as it will be in my living room and don't want to have to take down when not working.
    I saw some nice ones at the local library. One was an undersea theme with wavy strips of blue card as background, cut out fish with sparkly bits of paper propably stuck on by the children and jelly fish also with sparkly bits and then pieces of string as rays. Really pretty.
    Another one was a tree trunk with branches as background and then leaves and birds decorated by children stuck on.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You could make mini displays in old shoe boxes!

A friend does this with the children as she uses her living room for minding and they are always a great success

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a really good idea. Thankyou Sarah. Still need something on my walls though, so would still be happy with a bigger display, any ideas? What kind of displays do you all have?

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

At the moment I have a big notice board with an Autumn theme, I got the lo to write their name on a printed leaf and them laminated them to display on my big tree. I have numbers one to five on conkers also laminated at the bottom and the words Autumn at the top, but tomorrow I will be covering the whole board with a Halloween plastic table cloth to start on my halloween theme, we will be hanging bats and cobwebs on it, until the 1st November when I can reveal the Autumn theme again. Each time I decide to re-do the boards (mostly seasons) I keep the items in a folder and may re-use them next year. I'm already thinking about doing a winter theme. When does winter actual start?
    Sandy
    xx

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds really nice and thanks for reminding me to keep stuff - I am terrible at that, always want to throw away as soon as something is not in use. Don't quite understand how you laminate conkers though .

Post Thanks / Like

What I have on display tends to be whatever topic we're doing (atm it's autumn) or what the children have made - during the summer holidays they were into the circus so the display had a circus theme.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Sandcastles you do exactly the same as me I do winter from December.

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi.
    I have two posters with EYFS areas of learning. On those I put up pics of children related to the area, ie climbing for physical development.
    This is a great start to communicate with parents. Parents always knee to see them, talk about it and they spot straight away when there's new pics. It's low so children can seem them and they often point and talk about them.

I also have another display just for children. Whatever they do, like to put up. It's on their level and children are happy to tell mum or dad about it.
    I bought a gripping board, cos is easy, safe and children can do themselves.
    thisisthebestforum

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Great ideas. Many thanks!

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a art work board where little picture go on

i have a topic of the month board where it shows what we are doing or celebrating so on mine at mo it has black history, diwali, and halloween
    all my stuff onit i have laminated so i can used again nx yr

also on the other side of the board you could do a collage of your own kids/people in your family so come weekends you can turn your work over a forget it and have something nice to look at ;0)