Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've head Ofsted are big on offering the children outdoor play everyday to encourage exercise, fresh air and exploring ect. I would think it was a good thing, as long as the children are happy. These other CMs don't know what activities you do in the park with the children, so I wouldn't take much notice.

Maybe take some pics of the kids playing and displaying them on the wall for parents to see. We have spent lots of time outdoors both in the park and garden since the weather has warmed up and as someone said there's plenty of cold and wet days to spend indoors!

jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like sour grapes to me, you are out giving the children fun and outdoor fresh air and they probably cant be bothered !
    x helen

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

as far as child led planning goes - you are bowing to their choice! so what do these other cm's want you to do - go home and offer activities to the children when they want to be running around.

My garden is just not big enough for the big ones to run around in but I can't do the park as I have early pick ups after school but I would if I could.

They've been sat at tables/desks all afternoon they need to run their energy off - even if just for 1/2 hour then home for activity snack.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Post Thanks / Like

I take my little one to the park all the time - he loves it, it's fresh air, exercise, stimulation - better than putting him in front of the telly.. I can't see the problem

july 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    very good
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

we passed through the park to go to and from school. kids got the option of leaving earlier and having a little shot before school if they wanted. kids would come out of school and say can we have snack on way home - meaning can we stop off at the park for a littlw while, after a day in school its good for them to let off steam.

what do the know it alls do with their kids, keep them indoors.
    karen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12