activity ideas for 15mth old?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default activity ideas for 15mth old?

Hi, I have a 15mth mindee who is very physical, he doesn't engage in/enjoy craft activities as yet, doesn't like the feel of paint, just loves to explore & climb. I need some ideas to add short bursts of structure for him. I can think of loads of outdoor fun that I am sure he will enjoy, (he loves being outside) but I am struggling with what to do indoors. He is very bright, but gets bored easily.

The jelly play is a no no as his mum doesn't give him any sugar as yet & sugar free has artificial sweetners & that is a no no.

He is really happy with me, loves coming but I know I need to do more with him. He loves books & we have time everyday looking at them. I am very new (started end nov) I know I am doing well in lots of other areas, I just seem to lack imagination when it comes to activities.

Thanks in advance xx

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: activity ideas for 15mth old?

Have you got a pop up tunnel, low things he can climb. Does he like Balls? Messy play with balls cups etc with oats and water so they are gooey. The big punching balloons that are quite thick.

Mar 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My ex littlies used to love cornflower gloop, cooked spaghetti/pasta (I used to hide minibeasts in it for them to find), dried pasta/dried lentils with scoops and pots etc, playdough.

Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the best ever pop up tent with 250 balls from Lidl (£20) for Christmas to use with my mindees. My 12 month and 16 month mindees both love it! I also bought myself a little play kitchen from Lidl (also £20), it's low enough for the little ones and it keeps them busy for hours. I have added some play foods I got given from a friend.

Good luck!
    xx

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i have a 15 month old and we...

... basically do LOTS of drawing and some painting (she LOVES painting). Most of all though, if you have older kids, just involve the little one in what the others are doing - mine really likes playing with saltdough and home made playdough too! (Saltdough: 2 cups flower, 1 cup salt, UPTO 1 cup water, you can let air dry or bake in oven at low heat)

Here is us painting
    http://www.redtedart.com/2010/08/04/...ing-with-kids/

http://www.redtedart.com/2011/01/12/...-winter-trees/

And a playdough recipe:
    http://www.redtedart.com/2010/07/16/...ydough-recipe/

Keep meaning to have a go at "sticking things on contact paper" with her (e.g. leaves) and maybe being brave enough to do some "shaving foam painting".

Good luck! Just try out lots of different things

Maggy