Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Initial meeting activity

Evening!

I have an initial meeting with a mum and her daughter tomorrow, If we are all happy she will be my first mindee! I am just after an activity or something I can set out for my daughter and her daughter to do ao she can see us all interacting together aswell as being able to answer eachothers questions haha - seriously any tips qill be much appreciated!!! xx

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What age?
    Don't set your hopes too high, child might not leave mum's knee or might not be ready to start doing activities with a total stranger yet...
    For first meetings I just have a selection of age-appropriate toys on the floor and let the child have a look in their own time, I try to sit and play too and interact if they want. They may be very shy, but on the other hand they may be a whirlwind whipping through every toy box you own... just be prepared, and go with the flow!
    But depends on the age of the child, of course. It is nice to ask parent when planning the visit what the child likes to play with, so you have an idea of what to set out.

3. Likes Dragonfly, bunyip liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default shes 2!

Thank you - yes I will go for the explore option!!!