Water play... please help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Water play... please help

OK, so with everything going on with my kidneys I have been really naughty, I mean REALLY naughty! I have not done any LJ's or anything, just played with the children and not stressed over paperwork. My parents have been fine with this (in fact told me to take it easy)

Anyway, I am trying to get back on track but struggling!

Tomorrow I have planned some water play in the garden with the little paddling pool. Giving the children different sized jugs, cups and other containers, with a view to looking at transferring water from one container to another and various other things. For the afternoon I was thinking about adding a solid object (toys etc and looking at how it displaces the water)

I know all the children I have love water, one has a bit of a trajectory schema and loves pouring.

What else can I do over the course of the week to expand this area? Just completely drawing a blank atm.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Try differnt coloured water,bubbles,soap fiakes, sand and water.
    Mine have enjoyed empty soap pump dispensers with all the above things over the last couple of weeks,
    I copied a great idea off someone on face book, fill a large bowl with animals, stones, leaves etc, add water and freeze. Dip the bowl in warm water to release the dome and give to the children to explore. You can do it on a smaller scale with ice cubes or silicone cup cases too.

3. Likes Little_steps liked this post
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW! I love the idea of ice and toys.

And changing the colour of the water.

Last year I fill the bowl in the sink with soapy water and threw it over the patio and the kids loved stamping in it trying to get rid of all the bubbles... that lasted for AGES!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

have you got some pipes or guttering cut in half for pouring and changing direction and speed of water flow?
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've made a water wall by screwing some empty bottles to a wooden area so the water pours from one bottle to another.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi hope you feel better real soon.
    Mine have enjoyed coloured ice cubes ( made into boats with straws and sails) with a small toy of the same colour frozen inside. Ie green frog in green ice. They liked to guess what was inside before it melted into the paddling pool.

8. Likes EmmaReed84 liked this post