Registered Childminder since
    Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    West Sussex
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I need ideas for gifts made by mindee who hates anything crafty

I have a 15m old mindee who hates painting/gluing and will just scream/cry and throw paintbrushes etc. I keep trying different ways but its not getting any more enjoyable for either of us, so all my usual Mother's Day/fathers day/birthday/Christmas craft ideas are redundant. What can i do with the child for him to give to dad on Father's Day and mum on her birthday next week?

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

Cakes or biscuits?
    A photo of the child dressed up?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They are still very young to be doing crafts. You could take a photo of the child holding a sign "I love dad/mum" and stick it in a frame.

As the pp said cake or biscuits is always good too
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    West Sussex
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh good ideas there thanks, I shall try and take a couple of nice photos today whilst the sun is shining. I have a cake pop maker due for delivery this week that I must ;-) try out so there's my excuse for breaking the diet plus I have his big sister after school on Thursday this week too so she can help.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been collecting messages from the children like " I love daddy because he takes me to the swings" I was going to make a memory box with them or something or may take a photo with them holding there messages. I'm also doing the footprint pen posted on here a while ago. Would lo let you draw round hand/ foot so you can cut out?

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What about getting big sister to make a photo frame with you and then put in a lovely photo of her and her brother for dad?

Alternatively what about something like planting a small plant in a decorated plant pot.

If they don't like glue what about stickers, much less messy but still provide great effects?

Good luck,

Sam x

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    West Sussex
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I hadn't even considered using stickers, my son is sticker mad so I will have a little trip to hobby craft tomorrow for a DIY photo frame kit and some extra stickers, thank you.