Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you do for mindees' birthdays?

One of my mindee's birthday is coming up and I was wondering what you all do? I would love some ideas. He will be two and my other mindee on the day is also two.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I try to do something I know birthday child will enjoy. for my 2 yr old mindee we went to the aquarium...we go often, but mindee loves going. For 3 yr old mindee we went on the bus (best thing ever!) To feed the ducks!
    Depending where we are, we have a party lunch & cake, & then cake at teatime with schoolies. Plus balloons!

Post Thanks / Like

I had an 8 year old birthday not do long ago. Afterschool obviously but I blew up about 30 balloons and put them in the lounge on the floor for them to play with when they came in. We also had a little tea with all the things they don't normally get (crisps, chocolate, sweets, sausage rolls, etc) and I made a birthday cake. I also have the kids make a card and everyones name goes on it and i get them a little gift to. Went down a treat. Lots more birthdays coming up very soon to.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Likes vickie-marieo liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If the child is with me on their birthday I put the bunting up and we have birthday cake. I give a card and present. I would do their favourite thing that day- favourite place/toy/activity etc.

If the child is not with me on their actual birthday I just give card and present.

(I only had 1st and 2nd birthdays here so far so children are a bit oblivious to what is going on with birthdays anyway!)

6. Likes blue bear, vickie-marieo liked this post
    Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your replies! They have given me some ideas