Newby Needs Help!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Newby Needs Help!!

I'm new to childminding and this forum has been an amazing help with all my anxieties, ideas and paperwork confusion!!
    Im just wondering if anyone has any ideas of craft activities I can do with a 2 1/2 yr old who only likes cars!! I've completed lots of maths activities (Big, small, colours, counting) but need some craft ideas. I wanted to make tyre tracks with paint but he doesnt like his cars getting dirty or sandy!! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleDs31 View Post
    I'm new to childminding and this forum has been an amazing help with all my anxieties, ideas and paperwork confusion!!
    Im just wondering if anyone has any ideas of craft activities I can do with a 2 1/2 yr old who only likes cars!! I've completed lots of maths activities (Big, small, colours, counting) but need some craft ideas. I wanted to make tyre tracks with paint but he doesnt like his cars getting dirty or sandy!! Thanks
    Hi, I'm a newby too, it's a great site!

What about colouring/painting pictures of cars? Using pictures of cars (cut from magazines) to do sticking and gluing?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Put some blobs of paint on paper, put the paper in a large food bag and let him run his cars over it.

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

U could paint roll the wheels of car on paper
    Corn flour or sand water and roll cars threw
    Print some car shapes and paint different colours and designs
    Get some boxes and wheel shapes and make ur own junk model car

5. Likes Rick liked this post
    Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Could yo cut out some shapes for him to stick on paper to make a picture of a car? Or expand with other vehicles? Or perhaps take him out to choose a cheap set of cars that he would be happy to get dirty!

Jul 12
    Post Thanks / Like

All these are fab ideas! Thanks guys!

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default model village raceway?

Hi i'm a newbie too, what about getting a large piece of paper and he can draw a big 'race-track' on it then he can stick pics of houses, garages, people all around the track then use as a model village raceway with his cars?

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We did mark making using cars today. Lots of good ideas came out of it such as mixing paint colours, writing initials using the wheel tracks, counting fingerprints etc
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Likes shortstuff liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littleDs31 View Post
    .......by the way, the paint comes off really easily so maybe try and explain that to him if he is worried!