Halloween and various activities for a 7 month old please?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Halloween and various activities for a 7 month old please?

Halloween/Christmas activities/messy play and other every day things to do? Any ideas please. I also have a 2.5 year old so something they could both do would be great. Both boys. Thanks

oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

You could do a handprint and make it into a raindeer, last year i got some pine cones got them to put glue all over it we filled a sandwich bad with glitter place a cone in the bag and got them to shake the zipped bag, i them sprayed hair on it as it helps stop the flitter coming off.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

you could try gloop ( corn flour & water ), shaving foam, jelly, water beads, cornflakes, rice crispies, soil, fake snow etc etc and add glitter, sequins, leaves or objects related to the 'season'.

at the childminders group i run, i added tiny plastic spiders to gloop, you could add little tree decorations/baubles or whatever for christmas.

you could try adding items to playdough, making playdough in different colours/smells/glittery.

we're currently into magnetic fishing, so i have lots of different pictures related to season/theme ( googled images! ) printed out with a paper clip on to be fished out. my 2 yr olds love this.

maybe put a selection of items related to season in a box/basket/tray for LO to explore and investigate?

enjoy!

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I made ghosts pictures for Halloween with my babies (under 1s) We just did white foot prints then turned them upside down and i stuck they eyes on them. Mum's loved them at collection last night i've also seen spiders done with 2 black hand prints and eyes in the middle.

5. Likes Zumba-mum liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried handprints with new baby (10 months old) today - he enjoyed the sensation of brush with paint on tickling his hands but was not happy when I tried to press hands down onto paper - hope he gets used to it or his parents won't be getting any Xmas crafts, they mostly revolve around hand and foot prints eg: handprint Xmas tree, handprint angels, hand and footprint reindeer!