Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Angel

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine!

Donations from parents & a wooden pallet from a friends van! Not quite finished yet but workable

I have it next to the playhouse and have herbs and an overgrown flower bed for mud pie garnishes and salad

Aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post
    Its brand new - as in installed today. It was my hubbies pennance for leaving me 2 long weekend on a trot to do boy stuff - been waiting months and finally got him to get it done today lol! I sold it on the idea that for parties we could fill the sink with ice for bottles of beer and after a karcher - use the bench as seating for our bbq's - he was more than happy when he realised that it could be used for big people as well as little people
    Yours looks great! I wish my partner was DIY minded

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

wow this looks brilliant - love the microwave too - they'll have hours of fun there! mine has been a big hit and they play in there everyday - i started off with aprons but we don't even do that anymore as they just run straight out and dive in!

feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing. I have been looking for something to fill a corner in my garden. My son will love this aswell thanks for sharing!

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've finally decided to go a bit further with my pots and pans / mud/sand and create a mud kitchen. I don't know why I've had reservations since I last posted because I really love the idea!! I think because I've seen the way mud makes the rest of my garden such a mess and the horrified look on some of the parents when they see it! Not only that but at the moment its free flow between my garden and house so I don't know if children are covered head to toe in mud that \i really want them wondreing in and out and carrying it in! Also when i bring them in and clean them up and get them changed whether I really want them to go back out and get messy again - especially if its pick up time iyswim !! Anyone who has one of these kitchens can you give me some advice - do you let kids just 'go for it' and loads of free choice or do you restrict it to certain times or have certain rules?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bluebell; 29-07-2012 at 03:19 PM.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In a skip down the road there is a metal kitchen sink with draining board and a gas oven - I tried to persuade my husband to get them out for my mud kitchen but he was having none of it. In the end I comprised and took out a couple of plastic planters with faces on for a gardening project.

The house is empty but being done up for sale, the owner has gone into a home - I had some nice melamine shelving out of the skip for my playroom last week.

My husband says I'm embarassing him but surely it is just recycling?

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    In a skip down the road there is a metal kitchen sink with draining board and a gas oven - I tried to persuade my husband to get them out for my mud kitchen but he was having none of it. In the end I comprised and took out a couple of plastic planters with faces on for a gardening project.

The house is empty but being done up for sale, the owner has gone into a home - I had some nice melamine shelving out of the skip for my playroom last week.

My husband says I'm embarassing him but surely it is just recycling?
    Of course it's recycling! Go for it (get your next door neighbour to help if you can't lift it on your own).

Wish I lived in your neck of the woods - I'd be skip-diving

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

oooooh fantastic, I really want to do more messy play in the garden, this is just the thing. Thank you so much for sharing.

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default mud kitchen

mine love mud play also - collecting and squishing petals to make coloured pulp x x x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12